Period

It had been a week since Lizzie came to stay with me and tonight was our first night apart since we had officially been together. I had gotten into a very good routine of waking up a few minutes before her and making coffee. Having our morning chats and sometimes make-out sessions and then get ready separately, have breakfast, go to lectures and then come back home to each other and make dinner. Honestly, I just loved living alongside Lizzie, it was so easy and everything we did just fit together like a puzzle. We never got in each other's way and didn't argue at all. The closest thing we had to an argument was last night because she was due on her period and was angry at every breath I took. She said she would go and live at hers while she was on her period because she didn't want to lose her shit at me which was totally fair enough, but it had meant this was my first night alone in my double bed. Her pillow still smelled like her shampoo, and I was wearing her t-shirt which also smelled like her. I had been lying in bed for the past hour trying to sleep but couldn't rest for the life of me, so I got up and walked into the lounge of the flat where Scarlet was sitting on the kitchen side eating a bowl of cereal. The sight of each other made us both jump slightly and then finally giggle.

"What are you doing?" Scarlet laughed.

"I couldn't sleep, what are you doing?" I replied, grabbing our lighter from our junk drawer and sitting down at the table to roll a spliff.

"I'm eating cereal," she smirked, "I've got a deadline due at 9 am so I'm pulling an all-nighter."

"Care to sit with me?" I asked.

She nodded and sat down on the table instead of the side.

"Something wrong with our chairs?" I giggled, mixing my baccy and weed into the paper before rolling it all together.

"I just like being above you," she smiled.

I shook my head slowly with a smirk and sealed my roll before walking over to our windowsill and pushing open the window. I patted the space in front of me as Scarlet came to join. She finished her cereal and put the bowl over on the kitchen side behind us.

"Where's Lizzie?" she asked, crossing her legs and leaning one out of the open window.

"She's gone home," I sighed.

"Why? Did she get sick of you?" Scarlet joked.

"She's on her period and didn't want to rip my head off," I replied with a small laugh.

"Fair enough, I despise Harry when I'm on my period," she reasoned, "how is it going anyway? You've been very loved up as of late."

"It's amazing, I honestly fall for her more every day. Living with her is so easy as well, I just- she's just the best person," I smiled, taking a long drag and blowing out the smoke.

"So much for bros before hoes," she smirked.

"You know you'll always be my favourite," I smiled, giving her a jokey wink.

"When are you meeting her sisters?" Scarlet asked after a moment of silence.

"Three weeks to the day," the said slowly, "I'm so nervous, she keeps saying that getting her sister's approval will be harder than the approval I got from her mum."

"I'm sure it'll be fine, they'll love you," Scarlet smiled, nudging me slightly.

I nodded and smiled, taking another drag of my smoke before blowing it out into the night, "how's it going with Harry?"

"It's um- yeah, it's good," she replied bluntly.

"Yeah it sounds good," I said, "did something happen?"