Shower

"They're on their flight," Lizzie mumbled into my chest.

I nodded and kissed her head, "how are you feeling?"

"I don't know," she sighed, "how am I supposed to feel?"

I laughed slightly and gave her a soft squeeze, "just whatever you're feeling darling, if you can't name it, that's okay too."

She nodded slowly and took a shaky breath, "I think I'm okay. I've done everything I can and she's going somewhere they can help her."

"Exactly," I smiled sadly, "is there anything that will distract your mind for a little bit?"

"Can I make us food?" she asked, picking her head up to look at me with tired eyes.

I nodded and brushed some hair behind her ear, leaving my hand resting on her cheek. She leaned into it and gave me the first smile I had seen for three days now.

"Kiss me," she requested.

I smiled back and met her lips halfway in a soft kiss. She sighed and kissed me back with lightly more passion, holding onto my waist tightly. When she finally pulled away, I pushed my lips against hers again, kissing her once more. She let out a soft moan and pulled away again.

"Food," she mumbled against my lips.

"After you," I replied, slowly pulling our lips apart.

She slowly stood up and climbed off the bed with my hand in hers as we walked down to her kitchen. We haven't really left the house since coming back from the hospital, so her fridge was starting to look very very bare, and her pantry was nearly empty, but she still managed to pull out a few ingredients to pull together a meal.

"We might need to go shopping," I told her slowly, jumping up to sit on the kitchen side.

She nodded, "I'll get a Waitrose delivery."

"Or we could go and get it in person?" I asked.

She hummed and scratched her eyebrow before cracking a few eggs into the pan while taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Babe," I sighed, "you've got nothing to apologise for, I get it."

"Yeah, but this isn't fair," she replied, stirring the food around to get the eggs to scramble, "I've been moping around the house for three days now and I need to stop being so fucking stupid and get a grip."

"Liz-"

"It's not even me who's on the way to fucking rehab," she cut me off, dropping the wooden spoon, "I just- fuck-"

"Come here," I whispered, opening my arms for her.

She turned down the flame on the hob and leaned her forehead on my chest, taking a shaky breath as she did.

"I need to get out of the house," she laughed softly.

"You do," I agreed with a giggle, kissing her head.

She pulled away and nodded, wiping her eyes, "and I need to stop crying."

"Crying isn't a bad thing," I smiled, cupping her cheeks and kissing her softly.

She smiled against my lips and wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me to the end of the work surface and holding me tightly. I slowly pulled away after leaving a few more pecks and nodded at the oven.

"The eggs are burning," I giggled.

"Shit," she remarked, running back over to the hob and taking the frying pan off the flame.