let me help you

Salish lay in bed, curled up in a tight ball, clutching her abdomen. The night was dark and quiet, but her body was wracked with pain. It was that time of the month again, and the dreaded period cramps had arrived. Tonight, however, the pain felt particularly intense.  Salish mustered the courage to wake Nidal up. Confused and groggy, Nidal blinked his eyes open, trying to understand what was happening. He saw Salish in pain and immediately became concerned. "What's wrong, Salish? Are you okay?" Nidal asked, his voice filled with worry.
Salish winced and replied, "My period cramps are really bad, Nidal. It hurts so much." Without hesitation, Nidal got out of bed and fetched one of his hoodies. He gently helped Salish put it on, trying to provide some comfort. Salish continued to cry, feeling overwhelmed by the pain coursing through her body. "I'm going to wake everyone up ," Salish said between sobs.Nidal hushed her gently, wrapping his arms around her. "Shh, it's okay, Salish. Salish sniffled,  "But it hurts so much, Nidal." Nidal kissed her forehead tenderly and whispered, "I know, my love. But crying won't make it better. Let me help you." He placed his hand on her stomach, gently rubbing it in an attempt to alleviate the pain. Salish felt a wave of warmth and comfort wash over her as Nidal's touch provided some relief. "I love you," Nidal said softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "I love you.