𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅: 𝟗

(y/n) sat on the ledge of a cleaned window as she watched Grim and Yuu suffer the consequences of their actions."I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim whined."I would really like to help you, but i'd probably get in trouble since it's not in my contract to help you..." I sulked.

"We just gotta suck it up and do it. Try and learn from this experience." Yuu wisely said. I never knew he had that mentality as of right now. All that i thought is that he would only try to get back to his homeland,"Tokyo, Japan", nothing more nothing less. I'm guessing i did not examine him correctly?

"What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!" Grim grumbled. Now that i think of it, where is Ace? The room we were in went silent and as i looked at Yuu and Grim, it was apparent that they also felt the same because they were looking around.

"..... And now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!" Grim said getting all fired up."That's possible. We should look for him." He said to me and Grim." Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Yuu, (y/n), I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!"Little Grim commanded us. Before he could continue to demands us around, i picked him up by the fur on the back of his neck and gently placed him in my arms. I'm guessing he felt very comfortable because he started gently clawing at the cape on my shoulder. Maybe i should keep him as my pet?

-time skip-

We had made our way to a classroom that Ace was supposedly in. I knew almost all of the students schedules in this school, so finding him with my help was very easy. Grim has already flew out of my grasp and was making a bee line into the classroom that was for some reason very empty..."Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya! Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?"

Suddenly the room echoed a mysterious voice. From hearing the direction it came from, it seemed to be a painting on the wall that had been infused with magic."Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here." Grim heard the paintings ominous voice and jumped right back into my arms while Yuu jumped a little in surprise. And i was not all the scared, maybe a little jostled, but i was fine overall."Bwaaah! That painting just talked!"

From seeing the fearful boys around me, the painting got quite confused."Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?" Yuu spoke up and confirmed what the painting on the wall was questioning"In fact, yes. Paintings don't usually talk."

The painting got... offended..?"Well, your "usual" and my "usual" clearly differ. Shall we agree to disagree on the matter?" Yuu seemed to get just as confused with the painting"Are you with those ghosts from yesterday?" why would they be here right now though? I've tried to communicate with any ghosts in this classroom, but there were none? He should be able to talk to ghost, right?

The painting sighed"Unlike those restless spirits, always wandering hither and thither, I've been contentedly hanging on this wall for over fifty years. Now, you seem to be searching for someone." Maybe this was a painting i can rely on later in my life in this school? That sounds really weird to say..."We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face."

The painting pondered for a moment."Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." Grim's eyes lit up like stars."Myaaah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?"

The painting nodded to the direction he went in."The door to the dorms is in the eastern building."Grim turned back to me and Yuu with a sharp toothed grin and made a run for the door."Let's chase after him, Yuu and (y/n)!"