Chapter Six - Finding Out

Chapter 6. Finding out.

Willow pov:

I gasp and wake up in a cold sweat. I'm ripped away from the terror of my grandmother getting me. I could feel her cold eyes burning into mine. I look around thinking I'm in the attic again but realise I'm in Elmtree where grandmother can't get me. Remember I forgot to turn off the lamp I reach out to turn it out when I hear it. Footsteps on the landing. I gulp, grandmother's image filling my vision.

"Ssh Johnny you'll wake everyone up!" Hisses a voice. Electra? What's Electra and Johnny doing up this late together?

"Sorry, I thought I heard something"

"Properly just someone moving in their sleep"

"Yeah"

The footsteps fade down the stairs. I pull the covers off and swing my legs out of the bed. Checking the time on my phone I raise my eyebrows. It's 2 am. They must be planning something. I quietly open the door and walk out. Silently making my way to the stairs in the dark. On the secound step I feel something on my back. I turn around quickly and feel someone walk into me.

"Hey!" I hiss.

"Willow? What you doin'?" He whispers.

"I could ask you the same Liam"

"I hear someone on the landing"

"Me too. It's Electra and Johnny"

"That's not good"

"That's what I thought"

I keep walking silently down the stairs, carefull of the creaky step at the end of the stairs.

"Carefull" I say as I realise he's following me.

"I know, I've been here longer than you" he says in with a smile in his voice, not like a sarcastic comment.

I smile alittle and listen to the house. I hear the rustling of papers. I nod in the direction of the office. He nods and takes the lead. The doors open a crak.

"This is it!" Exclaims someone quietly.

There's silence for a few short moments.

"Oh my god... She was... She had... Her past..."

I suddenly know what there doing. They found my file. There reading my past. My breathing exhalerates.

"She knows" I whisper.

How could someone do that? What did I ever do to them? Now everyone will know.

I slip away from Liam still listening to the conversation between Johnny and Electra. I avoide the creaky step and hurry to my room without making any nosie. "Get out of here" screams my brain. I grab my bag and start throwing all my stuff into it. I've got to get out of here. Opening the door and creep down the stairs again. Liam would still be listening to Electra and Johnny. Opening the front door I feel the cold air tickel my arms.

"What are you doing?"

I turn around, my jaw dropping as he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Leaving, I can't stay in a place where people know my past"

"Willow, you can't run away from your problems... Believe me I've tried"

"I can't, I've got to go"

"Dressed in your pjs?"

I look down at my baggy grey pj bottoms, socks and a off the shoulder top.

"Yeah, properly not the best gear to leave it" I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Willow, stay, you've nowhere else to go"

I sigh. He's right. I'll only get caught by the police again.

"Alright fine, but what do I do about Johnny and Electra?"

"I'll sort something out"

I nod and close the front door after me, locking it again and making my way up the stairs, passing Liam.

"Thanks" I say.

He smiles cheekily.

"Happy to help"