11: Composure

(14th of October) We are catching the train this afternoon, so we can go back to Pansy's for the week. Normally we stay at school over the one-week holidays, but it's her father's birthday on Wednesday so they wanted her home. The Parkinson's have become a second family to me, or perhaps have replaced my first one. There was no way they would invite Pansy home and not invite me too. I think Astoria is staying at school, she's become slightly distant lately. I think Draco silently ignoring her pining is finally pushing her away. I know she was always slightly jealous of mine and Pansy's friendship, we always tried to include her but I think she felt she was intruding.

The thought of not seeing Mattheo for the whole week is setting me slightly on edge, especially after last night. Thank fuck for that potion, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to remember it that well. I'm trying not to think about it, so I can just enjoy my break. All of the boys have been invited back to the Malfoy manor, as Enzo wouldn't be able to go home, and Mattheo would have probably ended up there anyway. I toyed with the idea of staying behind, so we would both be left at Hogwarts, but then decided that was too much of a bold move.

Its currently Saturday morning, we are getting the train back in 4 hours, and Pansy is struggling to conceal the fact that she is still drunk.

"Pansy would you sit the fuck down."

"No I need to get ready." She wobbles and tumbles around the dorm.

My extremely large headache from the potion has calmed down now, and I'm sober enough to know what I need to be getting on with. I wish I didn't have to do anything, but I need to compose myself fully, and more importantly, get Pansy to get her own shit together.

"Pansy shut the fuck up and sit down." I push her in the direction of her bed, where she instantly falls over and just lays there groaning. She is always like this the day afterwards, although she never learns to drink less.

Someone knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." She says, pushing herself upright.

"No you fucking won't, just stay there."

I swing the door open and it's Theo. "Hey ladies, how are you?"

I hear Pansy behind me rustle the duvet, and I look back to see she has completely submerged herself.

"Surviving." I reply. "And you lot?"

"Average amount of hungover that we normally are." He pauses for a second, then leans to look round my shoulder at Pansy. "Is she okay? She was pretty fucking trashed last night, I brought her back here a little while after you left."

A smile forms across my face, about to make a comment but decide not to. "Still trashed, I'm gonna head to the kitchen and grab her some toast or something."

He nods. "Speaking of leaving, I noticed Mattheo left at a very similar time that you did, anything you want to tell me?" He says suggestively.

I pull him inside. "Help her." Then I shut the door behind me and head for the kitchen.