28: Goodbyes

(24th of November) It's Friday breaktime, we are on our way to the Slytherin kitchens because Draco won't stop moaning about how hungry he is.

"Can I write my name here in red, I haven't used red yet." Theo asks.

"You've already got your name on here 4 times." Enzo replies.

"Not in red i haven't."

Enzo has a nicely decorated cast on his arm, signed by as many people as he could gather. When i went to see him in the hospital wing, he was almost in tears. I haven't seen him like that in a while. He began rambling and trying to explain what happened. Normally he's pretty open with me about things, because he knows when he actually wants to talk, yeah I will take the piss out of him a bit, but I will listen. However, he makes it pretty clear that it's a two way street. He was also pretty upset that I didn't tell him me and Mattheo are kissing now. He is pretty happy today, loving the attention. Everyone else is less focused on the fact he fell off a broom, but more interested in writing swear words on his cast.

"Do you think I could sign it before I go?" Cedric appears out of nowhere.

Everyone falls completely silent and looks at me.

"I don't fucking think so." I say, grabbing his arm and pulling him away and around the corner before Enzo has a chance to respond. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I just wanted to say goodbye to you."

"You owe me a whole lot more than a goodbye."

"I don't think i do." He says, pulling his arm away. "If it wasn't for you then i wouldn't even have to leave."

"You think this is my fault?" I begin to laugh.

"You punched me."

"You fucking deserved it."

"Whatever, jokes on me for thinking you could possibly be nice for a minute before you never have to see me again."

"You are such a fucking hypocrite, it actually makes me want to obliviate myself."

"Really?" He says sarcastically.

"Yeah, really. That is how you make me feel. I would rather forget I even had a brother, then have to put up with you any longer." I pause, then pick up his bag and slam it into his chest. "Now fuck off."

He stares at me for a second. "Goodbye Evelyn." He turns and walks away.

Not even a fucking apology. I didn't really expect one, I thought maybe last minute he could have had a realization, but it was a long shot. I'm fuming now. I stand and watch him reach the end of the corridor, and disappear around the corner. I exhale deeply in frustration. I don't know what to do with my hands and I have nothing to throw so I ball them up into fists, digging my nails into my palms and push them onto the wall to hold me up as I lean into it. There are people around me so I compose myself and use the end of my sleeve to dry the water in my eyes. I won't call them tears because I'm not crying. I push my hair out of my face and walk back towards my friends.

"You alright?' Enzo asks as I approach them.

"Yeah, we made up. We had a big hug and he's going to write to me every other week from his new school."

"Really?" His eyes light up.

"No." I scoff. I love how gullible he is, its the main source of the humour in our group. "I could of hit him again but you know me, I'm super calm and collected so I kept it under control."

I pull up alongside Mattheo and he immediately reaches for my hand. I take it and he gives it a small squeeze before letting go and putting his around my waist, pulling me closer into him.