29: Fifty points

(29th of November) Quidditch is easily becoming one of my favourite parts of the week. I love being able to fly again, and practice for the games. Mattheo is great addition to the team, he's a natural at being a chaser, and our teamwork is fairly exceptional. Finally this week the weather is good and Madame Hoop is letting us play practice games, which are only short so everyone gets a turn. Two teams play until they reach 50 points, and the other two watch in the stands.

We are playing first, against the Gryffindors. We walk out into the pitch in single file. I'm at the back, stood next to Harry Potter.

"Didn't know you were into Riddle." He says.

"Why, do you want him?" I say calmly, turning to face him.

"Wouldn't go anywhere near him."

"Good, wouldn't want your distressing awkwardness to rub off on him."

"His father was basically a terrorist."

"And your basically a freak, so keep a lid on it and stick to catching the tiny gold ball, yeah?"

He shuffles around and turns back towards the front. I've never liked him and he's never liked me. Don't know whether its the unanimous Slytherin versus Gryffindor dispute or if he hates me specifically. I know its both for me. He's always made an effort to ignore me, which I've taken as a blessing, I enjoy Herbology when he doesn't speak. He also amplified my dislike for him after what happened to Ron and Pansy. When I confronted Ron, he got all defensive and shouty at me, even though he knew both his friends were in the wrong. Then he started bringing up my own separate faults that had nothing to do with the conversation because he was running out of things to say. I might have thrown a few punches.

We are at 40 points in the first few minutes, Gryffindor at 30. I've got the ball under my arm and I'm racing towards my hoop. None of my fellow chasers are anywhere to be seen which means ill have to do this one on my own. Suddenly, someone flies at my from the side, completely smashing into the side of me. It wasn't a wrestle or a push, it was a large impact, hitting me perpendicularly. It had intent behind it. I was lucky I kind of saw it coming, because it made me fall from the broom, yet I managed to hold on with one hand to stop me from falling. Someone tried to knock me off on purpose.

Now I'm flying towards to goal, hanging from my broom with one hand. There are gasps from the crowds. My fingers begin to slip.

"Evelyn drop." Someone shouts from below me.

I look down and Mattheo is flying underneath me. I let go of the broom and land on the front of Mattheo's. I hear people begin to clap and shout. We continue towards the goal, Mattheo has one hand around my waist to steady me. I throw the ball directly through the middle hoop.

"Slytherin wins!" Lee Jordan shouts on the speaker. I sigh with relief as people begin to cheer. We fly down to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Mattheo asks me.

"Grand." I reply, ignoring the pain in my shoulder, must have hit me fucking hard.

The Gryffindors all land together and Mattheo immediately leaves my side, rushing over furious . I follow him quickly, Draco and Theo following me.

"You need to keep control of your fucking team Wood." Mattheo shouts.

"I'm sorry Mattheo, Evelyn. I wasn't aware my players were so violent. Oliver turns, shooting daggers at Alicia Spinnet.

"Maybe she needed a bit of a knock straight, after what she did to Cedric." Dean Thomas says.

"The fuck did you just say? I snarl approaching him. Draco grabs my arm to stop me going any further.

Madame Hooch arrives before things start to go further. "Stop it right now." She puts herself in-between the two teams. "50 points from Gryffindor, Miss Spinnet that was unacceptable."

"Is that it?" Mattheo scoffs. "They could have killed her."

"Riddle you don't need to say anything. Now all of you go somewhere else so the rest of your classmates can have a game."

They begin to disperse, whispering amongst themselves.

"Miss Diggory, I suggest you go to the infirmary to look at your shoulder." She says to me quietly.

"I'm fine." I reply, following my team out.