23: Quills

(14th of November) It's been almost a week since the bench with Mattheo. Since then I've finally realised the hold he has over me. I never knew where I exactly wanted this to go but when he kissed me I knew that it was what a wanted. It's Tuesday, third period, a free. We are in the common room, me and Pansy furiously trying to get into our Transfiguration presentation which we should have started last week. Mattheo and Enzo are sat round the other side of the table writing essays. Well, Mattheo isn't actually doing a lot of writing, more throwing his pen around or looking in my direction. Enzo is writing, then scribbling out things and repeating, till the point of having about 4 lines of readable work. Theo and Draco have been held back in Charms for throwing quills around and knocking over Hermione's ink onto her lap.

"What does that word even mean." Pansy says

"Don't act like I know, two stupid people don't make a smart one." I reply

"McGonagall said we learnt it in year two, so how the fuck don't we know it?"

"It's the way you move the wand when Transfiguring liquids, the same spell does similar things but it all depends on how you move your wand." Mattheo says.

"Get you, smartass." Pansy replied, flicking her rubber at him then beginning to write.

"Wasn't aware you were a try-hard Riddle." I say. He gives me a small kick under the table. I sent him a fake injured look, then turn my head back to see Pansy scribbling down words.

"Woah, don't just write it down anywhere, place it strategically so it fills the space." I say.

"You do it then."

"I will." I snatch the quill from her.

Somebody coughs at the door. It's not a real cough, more of clearing their throat to let people knoe they are here. We all look up to see Snape in the doorway.

"Miss Diggory would you please come with me." He says.

We all look at each other confused. Even though Snape is the head of our house, he rarely comes into the common room, unless it's important. Last time was when Theo set fire to the Quidditch broom shed.

"Now, Miss Diggory." He says, trying to hurry me up, then turns and leaves.

I stand up and pick up my bag. "Do not fuck it up any more." I directly at the poster. She rolls her eyes at me and drops the quill. I send Mattheo a small smile, which he returns with a concerned look. I turn and follow Snape from the room. As soon as I get outside he begins walking at a million miles an hour.

"Where are we going?"

"Dumbledore's office." He replies, not slowing down or looking anywhere but ahead. We walk in silence for the rest of the journey until we reach the entrance. He lets me go up the stairs first. I walk up them reluctantly. I've only ever been in his office once before. When Pansy's mother complained about how my family where treating me, and asked to become my primary contact. I reach the top and there are people already there.