Chapter 2: What Are You Made Of?

A/N: I forgot to mention it, but I'm gonna add my own headcannons into this fic and change a little bit of the lore.

——————————————————————————

You and Cabba clashed fists as you began your battle.

"Please, ignore the old man." you pleaded. "He loves to run his mouth"

"Noted." Cabba replied as he threw a quick succession of punches at your face which you dodged with complete ease. "Is there some kind of relation between you two? If you don't mind me asking."

"Yeah." you replied as you pounded your right elbow right into his face. "That's my dad. Unfortunately."

You sent your opponent flying backwards to the point where he just barely managed to stay in bounds. Cabba dashed back towards you, quickly throwing a fist which you caught easily.

"Why is it unfortunate?" he questioned.

Your facial expression went blank for a split second as you went into deep thought. You'd thought about how you felt about your father. If Cabba asked you that same question while you were at a younger age, you would've given a passionate speech about how he's a heartless monster, but now the truth was that , even after 4 years in the time chamber, you were conflicted.

You appreciated the fact that he was at last trying to be a better dad to you, but that memory is still fresh inside your head. The visual of your father killing hundreds with a sinister smile painted on his face still rubbed you the wrong way. It wasn't something you could get over very easily.

Then again, while in the chamber, you were reminded of that hero that you saw in him, that role model. The man willing to climb insurmountable obstacles to achieve his goals. When he defeated Frost, you felt, even if it was just for a second, a sense of pride in your father again, that childlike excitement that you hadn't felt in a long time.

"It's... a little complicated" you responded.

You pulled his arm towards you and delivered a devastating gut punch which sent him flying to the sky, Cabba coughed up blood as he felt a hard force of your hands clenched together, crash into his spine sending him back to the ground.

He grabbed onto his stomach as he crawled into a ball and groaned in pain. You looked down on the young saiyan.

"That it?" you questioned, cocking your eyebrow.

He looked back up at you with determination painted all over his face as blood drooled from his mouth as he darted at you yet again to continue the battle. His God of Destruction, Champa, looked on at the battle with a dumbfounded expression.

"H-how's he so strong...?" he questioned.

"What's that Champa?" Beerus said in a mocking tone. "I thought your universe was going to steamroll ours" he grinned causing his obese brother to start fuming.

"You haven't seen nothing yet!" he looked back at the ring. "Cabba, hit him with everything you got!!!!"

Everyone watched on as they saw you effortlessly dodge all of Cabba's attacks, sporadically sending him flying backwards with blows of your own.

"Y/N is so fast" Krillin started. "I can't even see any of his punches"

"He's gotten so much stronger" Piccolo commented. "Much, much stronger."

"And to think, that boy is holding back so much" your father bragged, catching the attention and shocking everyone else.

Back to the action. You and Cabba engaged in a rapid fire exchange of punches, in which it was evident you were the one getting the upper hand. Your universe 6 counter part tried to surprise you by swinging his leg at your ankle to make you lose balance, but you simply leaped several feet into the air. As you descended back down, you would punish him for his sneaky tactics by putting curling into a ball and at the last second, you fully stretched out. Kicking Cabba in the stomach and sending him several feet away.