Chapter 5: The Battle Begins

"Zamasu, hand me the potara. now."

Begrudgingly, the apprentice kai handed over the earring to his yellow skinned senior who snatched it quickly from him. Zamasu momentarily stared into his master's furious eyes before breaking eye contact again and staring off into the distance.

"How dare you kill that Babari?" His master scolded. "We simply could've left. Now we'll need to Super Dragon Balls to wish them back."

"They were worthless beings Gowasu." Zamasu justified.

"Not a being in the multiverse is worthless!" Gowasu quickly protested, his tone becoming increasingly angry at his apprentice. "Even earthworms contribute to fertile soil and become life energy for other beings."

"Do they harm our environment with their recklessness?" the apprentice quietly questioned as a disapproving scowl formed on Gowasu's face.

"So you're just an environmentalist." he snared.

"Mortals do nothing but cause harm and destruction over the things that we, the gods, gifted to them. How can we stand idly by and allow them to cause even more mayhem!" Zamasu protested whilst raising his voice, he turned his body fully and waved his arms wildly.

"That is the job of the Gods of Destruction." Gowasu responded firmly before looking into the sky. "Our job is to maintain the peace. If there's something that comes and disturbs the peace and balance in the universe. That is when we act."

"Mortals do disturb the peace." Gowasu sharply turned his head back at his successor. This reply seemingly triggering him.

"Based on what? One mortal race?!" He asked him as he voice boarded on shouting. "You have nothing to prove that pathetic and baseless allegation."

Zamasu's eyes could only twitch in shock at his master as the two worlds echoed in his head, a purple aura flared around his right hand. Growing to a full ki sword.

"Pathetic"

"Baseless"

Gowasu's expression quickly shifted from anger to shock. But before he could even retaliate, his stomach was completely impaled by his own student. The weapon quickly left his stomach as soon as entered it, Gowasu's eyes took on a pale white colour as he dropped to his knees and eventually to the ground. The life slowly faded from the Kai.

As Zamasu looked down at his late master, an eerie smile formed on his face. Contrary to the feeling of guilt he'd expect to feel, he felt a strong sense of justice in taking the life of his second victim.

"Before I exterminate all mortals, I must learn more of the Super Dragon Balls."

...

"You know... we are both required to complete the zero mortal plan" he spoke.

"Master." The future you replied as the pair slowly returned to their feet.

"Master?!" you, Trunks and Mai all cried out simultaneously in shock.

"So you're the one behind all this." Your father bellowed out at him as he returned to the ground. "So speak, tell me just who you are?"