Chapter 4: Connecting The Dots

"I did it! I did it Mister Gohan! I did it!"

A young boy, couldn't be any older than 6, shouted in excitement as he jumped around the miniature room that he was in. Each time he leaped into the air, he made an ecstatic cheer of childish excitement as he punched the air. Full of pride at his recent success.

He'd just fired his first ever ki blast.

The teenager that accompanied the young boy smiled softly at him.

"You really did, Y/N" he said. "I think we'll call it a day here"

You stopped your celebration at turned your head to look at Gohan, pouting at him.

"Awww no fair!" you whined. "Can we keep on training? Pleeeease"

"Judging by that ki blast, " Gohan nodded at the massive hole that was in the wall on his right "If we carry on, if think we might destroy this entire room. And I don't wanna get under your mom's skin anymore"

Letting out a heavy sigh, your head dropped in a demoralised way as you sat yourself on the floor. The spiky haired teen took note, taking a knee in front of you and patting your shoulder.

"Don't worry, I promise we'll train nice and early tomorrow morning."

You looked back up at the firstborn of the late great Son Goku with a reinvigorated childish smile.

"You promise?!"

You showed him your pinky finger.

"I promise."

He gently wrapped his pinky around yours.

"With your potential, you're bound to become a Super Saiyan. And with that, all definitely defeat the androids once and for all when you're older." Gohan commented optimistically.

If the first thing Gohan told you had you excited, this statement put that excitement on steroids. It was as if a fire had been lit inside you, the intensity of those vigorous flames only intensified by the state that the world was currently in. It was your job. Your destiny. No, your birthright to kill them.

"You think I can beat them as well Mister Gohan?" A shyer and more timid voice asked.

That was the voice belonged to your brother. Trunks.

"Of course!" he replied, returning to his feet. "I know you both can."

"You'll both turn out to be great fighters"

...

Age 776

"HA"

"HA!"

"HEEE....YAH!"

The sound of loud shouts and small explosions echoed throughout the empty valley, filled with destroyed mountains. The fiercely hot sphere of light that was in the sky glared down at the two young but fired up young boys exchanging powerful blows between one another. One clearly dominating the other.

"You're guard is down Trunks!"

He cocked an eyebrow while blitzing towards you before his blue coloured eyes widened spotting you putting both your hands on your forehead, charging up a massive ki blast.