𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬; 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍

•••

•••

MARIE OPENS THE DOOR OF ATHENA'S BEDROOM, she didn't see a light on but she had heard the woman tossing around. She was trying to see if Athena had her eyes open but it was too dark to actually make it out. "Hey, you awake?" She decides to quietly ask, knowing if Athena was awake, she would hear her. Marie sees the woman stir a bit before an arm reaches out to turn on the lamp on the nightstand.

"Yeah." Athena says as the light switches on, her eyes closing for a moment just to try and adjust to the sudden brightness. "It feels impossible to fall asleep." She admits with a sigh as she sits up on the bed. Marie closes the door behind her as to not disturb the others.

"Do you want me to help you?" Marie asks as she walks over to the bed, sitting down on the edge of it. Athena sighs, shaking her head.

"No, I'll be fine." She assures the woman as she glances over towards Trixie who was fast asleep under the covers. "Sometimes I resent Trixie for being able to sleep anywhere at anytime." Athena admits with a pout as she moves her hand to brush trixies hair out of her face.

"She does have a gift." Marie says with a small laugh, glancing at the young girl. Athena just stared down at her daughter for a moment before her eyes move back to Marie.

"Do you think I should talk to them?" She asks, her voice a little bit quiet. Marie sighs as she meets Athena's gaze. It wouldn't hurt to hear what they had to say, Athena seemed too worked up though to listen with a clear conscience.

"I think you should hear them out." Marie tells her as she sees Athena's eyes drift down to her hands. "You know, not shout at them when they're trying to explain." She teases with a small smile. Athena didn't really smile back, but it was just because she still felt so hurt after her last encounter with her brothers.

"I just feel so much rage, and it just bottles up when I see them." She admits, she just couldn't help but get so frustrated when they spoke to her. The pain just built back up every single time she saw them.

"But you can only find out the truth if you listen." Marie states, she would never know whether or not her brothers cared if she didn't hear them out. A century is a long time and a lot of things could've happened in that span of time.

"I know." Athena replies with a nod.  "Thank you for taking me in when you did." She says, she realizes she's never really thanked them much for being there for her. They were strangers when they first met but Marie treated her with such kindness, even though she was a vampire.

"You never have to thank me for that, Athena." Marie responds with a soft smile on her face, reaching to grab Athena's hand. "You may not be blood, but you will forever be family, Thena." She assures her, she was pretty much like her second daughter. At least that's what Marie thought of her as.