𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵; 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚

•••

•••

ATHENA WALKS INTO THE LIVING ROOM, seeing Marie bent over her spell book. Grayson and Maeve were sitting on the couch, both looking bored out of their minds. "You gotten Stefan out of the tomb yet?" Athena asks with a sigh as she leans against the couch. She was worried for her brother, especially being trapped in a confined space with Katherine. She knew how to get inside of his head.

"Not exactly." Marie responds as she leans back, bringing her hands to her head.

"What? I told elena you could." Athena tells her with a small frown on her face. Marie knew that and she was trying.

"It's a complicated spell, I haven't seen something like it."

"Isn't it just a containment spell?" She didn't get what was so confusing about it. Then again, she learned that Bonnie's grandma had died opening the tomb.

"Not really." Grayson mumbles as he stares up at the ceiling.

"Bonnie can help." Athena suggests. Marie just glances at her children before she sighs.

"I'm just saying don't get Stefans hopes up just yet." Marie states, looking over at Athena who nods.

"How can he be so dumb to go into the tomb knowing he couldn't get out?" Grayson asks. He didn't, well he did have a problem with Stefan. If he was being honest, he thought she forgave both of her brothers way too fast.

"He was saving elenas brother." Athena tells them.

"Yeah, but didn't he have that magic ring?" Grayson asks her curiously. Athena just gives him a blunt expression.

"Wow, you're so empathetic, Gray." Athena mutters back as she takes a seat on the couch. Grayson holds his hands up in defense.

"I'm just saying." He responds. Athena just shakes her head.

"Stefan wasn't going to let Jeremy suffer." She denies. Her brother, as much as sometimes it got him into shit, was too empathetic for his own good. And that's how he ended up In the tomb.

"I told you she would never give it to you." Maeve says and Athena clenches her jaw a bit.

"That wasn't the problem." She denies. Athena would've gotten it if she had just admitted the truth.

"Wait, she was gonna give you the moonstone?" Maeve asks her curiously and Athena sighs but nods her head.

"Then why didn't you get it?" Grayson questions. Athena just leans forward, staring at her hands.