𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻; 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒆

•••

•••

ATHENA STOOD NEXT TO HER BROTHER'S AS THEY TALKED ABOUT THEIR PLAN TO KILL KATHERINE. She wasn't too sure it was going to work, but it was better to be optimistic. Well, it beats the alternative. Athena just hoped that no one got hurt in the process. "You sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asks curiously, looking at them as he crosses his arms against his chest. But Stefan shakes his head, he wants Elena to be protected.

"No. Stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Stefan denies it with a small sigh leaving his lips. Alaric nods his head, clearly wanting the same thing.

"Okay, well I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight," Alaric assures him. Stefan looked around the group, looking at everyone as he clenched his jaw a bit.

"All right. If anybody wants to back out, I'll understand." Stefan says, wanting them to say if they didn't want to do it before the plan was already in motion.

"Yeah, cold feet. Speak now, I don't want this going wrong if someone chickens out." Damon adds, leaning against the wall. He did not need Katherine to survive merely because someone messed up.

"You sure that won't be you, Damon?" Athena teases him with a smirk playing on her lips. Damon lets out a sarcastic laugh, looking at his sister.

"Ha ha." He responds before his eyes make their way over to the blonde vampire. "Caroline?" Damon says with a tight smile, raising his eyebrows at her since he clearly didn't trust her enough to keep it quiet.

"I won't. Look, she killed me. Fairs fair." Caroline states with a light scoff leaving her lips. Athena looks over at her for a moment. "As long as there are no werewolves running around." She adds with a slight sigh, she didn't want to be at risk of getting bitten. Especially since they knew that it could be lethal.

"Oh, I took care of Mason," Damon assures them with a smirk, tilting his head. 

"And as long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn," Jeremy adds, he wasn't going to be a threat unless something happened that night. Which knowing how most of their plans worked out, it was definitely gonna go wrong.

"What about your friends? Do you think they'd help Bonnie strengthen the spell?" Stefan asks, turning his attention to his sister. Athena nods her head as she places her hand on her hip. She knew that Grayson would be wary but Marie and Maeve would be on board.

"Marie will definitely help. And if we need a stronger vampire... I can ask Harry." She says reluctantly, not really knowing how her brothers would react. Athena knew Damon wasn't a big fan of him but he wasn't stupid, he knew Harry was strong.