𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵; 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒓

FLASHBACK CHAPTER

FLASHBACK CHAPTER

Mystic Falls, 1864.

•••

ATHENA MADE HER WAY OVER TO KATHERINE WHO WAS STANDING ALONE IN THE LIVING ROOM. She narrows her eyes as she stops next to the woman who just glances toward her curiously. "What are you doing?" Athena asks, crossing her arms against her chest. Katherine just lifted up the glass that was in her hand.

"Making a drink? Care for one?" Katherine retorts as she holds it out toward her but Athena just grabs it, slamming it back down on the table. Katherine merely purses her lips as she looks at Athena.

"No, I mean what are you doing with my brother's?" She questions, crossing her arms against her chest. Athena saw the way that her brothers were acting toward each other and with the way they were around Katherine, it was safe to say who the perpetrator was.

Katherine lets out a sigh as she shrugs her shoulders. "It's just fun,"  Katherine says as she tilts her head. Clearly, she wasn't seeing the problem that Athena was trying to bring up.

"You're playing with both of them." Athena points out, anger in her tone as she glares at the woman. She liked Katherine, she did. But what she didn't like was her toying with her brothers hearts, especially since they used to be so close.

"The heart wants what it wants, Athena." She responds, turning her head away from Athena. Athena grabs her arm, roughly turning the woman back to her. Katherine just simply looked at the hand that was on her.

"That's all you're going to say?" Athena asks her with a scoff and Katherine just shrugs her shoulders. "Kat, you can't have both of them." She denies with a frown as she shakes her head. She knew one of her brothers was going to start to feel heart and left behind so it was better that she chose who she really loved.

"They don't mind it, now do they?" Katherine tells her with a smirk making its way onto her lips. Athena bites the inside of her cheek, it is clear that she is seeing her true colours right now and they aren't exactly good.

"Because I know you're compelling them." She retorts and that instantly makes Katherine's smirk drop as she just stares blankly at the woman in front of her.

"Pardon?" Katherine replies, trying to seem confused but she knows Athena wasn't buying any of it. She just scoffs as she narrows her eyes, her jaw slightly clenching.

"Don't act all innocent. I know what goes on in this town, I'm not blind." Athena admits. She knew their town's history and she knew of vampires. Did she really believe it before now? Not really. But she was glad she didn't totally disregard what her father said to her in the past. It did also help that Emily Bennett had kind of hinted toward it.