Intimacy

sonic and shadow explore each others bodies in a mostly non sexual way (sonic does more of the exploring) but it's kinda short. also warning it gets suggestive towards the end ig?

It was currently a nice, warm afternoon. Orange rays of sunlight shined through the windows, somewhat brightening up the dark house with an orange yet yellowy tint. In the middle of the kitchen, in front of the kitchen island, sat an ebony hedgehog with his legs crossed and fully clothed (with just only his usual gloves and shoes along with the inhibitor rings) staring down at the hot coffee inside of his mug. He would blow on the liquid for a bit, before deciding to take a small sip. Still quite hot, but definitely not enough to burn his tongue too much, just how he liked it. With this, he took a bigger sip, drinking the fresh coffee.

Shadow's ear twitched when he heard the sound of a door opening from upstairs and quick footsteps running down. Of course, he knew it only had to be the one and only blue hedgehog, aka his boyfriend, who had just woken up.

"Heey Shaadss!" Sonic reached the bottom of the stairs, moving behind his boyfriend and wrapping his arms around him in no time before letting out a big yawn, making Shadow's face scrunch up as his ears lowered. "Please don't yawn in my ear. How come you're tired after sleeping in all day until noon?" 

"Eeh. I dunno.." The sound of a grumble filled both of their ears, the source of the noise coming from, of course, Sonic's own stomach, to which he giggled a bit. "Heh, well sleeping in so much sure made me reeaallyy hungry, got anything for me to eat?"

Shadow closed his eyes and shook his head from his boyfriend's silliness, immediately pointing to the plate of breakfast (or rather lunch) next to him that he had just made.

"Ooh! Thanks, Shad!" Sonic would plant a quick kiss to his cheek, giving a toothy smile before taking a seat next to the black hedgehog and immediately digging into the delicious food. He licked his lips, cheeks full. "Ywummy! Ywour cookwing's stwill goof as awlways!"

Shadow simply sighed heavily. "Don't talk with your mouth full. You know how disgusting that is, Sonic."

The azure hedgehog only snickered, downing and swallowing the entirety of the food in seconds like it was nothing. Just as quickly as he had woken up and went to eat, he disappeared in a flash with the dirty plate and had washed it, appearing back in his seat while leaning back with his arms behind his head.

"Wew! What a great breakfast!" 

"It was more lunch than breakfast." Shadow just sighed and continued to sip on his coffee. Sonic simply laughed at the comment.

The two sat in a comfortable silence after that as the ebony hedgehog finished his drink, getting up temporarily to go and wash his mug before sitting back down next to his boyfriend who had glanced over to him a little. Shadow noticed, but didn't comment on it as he went into thought about how he'll go about his day.

"Mm.." Sonic started, making the ebony hedgehog's ear flick as he snapped out of his thoughts. "..Hey, Shad? What's under your gloves?"

"...What? My hands?"

"No- Not like that! Y'know- since you were artificially created and all, I thought..." The blue hedgehog whistled, sweatdropping. "Err.. maybe your hands looked a little different than a normal hedgehogs? I mean, I know having ungloved hands is kinda.. well- strange, but, ya know..."

"...Hm." Shadow simply hummed, sighing before getting to work on taking off his gloves. "Well I suppose I can show you them, just this once." Sonic just watched stupidly, blinking as he saw the sight of Shadow's hands without his gloves, inhibitor rings, of course, still on.