First Kiss... In The Woods?

"Ug-" A blue hedgehog grunted, smirking a bit and nudging the black hedgehog skating next to him in the side with his elbow, a wince being made in reaction. "Well don't ya just throw some hard blows?"

"The same can be said for you, hedgehog." Shadow clicked his tongue, nudging back even harder to which Sonic almost stumbled, letting out a groan before laughing.

What was originally just a harmless race quickly turned into a playful back and forth of distracting, hitting, elbowing and punching each other to try and throw the other off in the middle of the woods. At night, when it was very dark. Shadow handled his movements with ease, considering one of his alien perks of being able to clearly see in the dark. Sonic, on the other hand, obviously had some complications due to the darkness, but got adjusted to it quickly. Actually, the random slight glow emitting from Shadow helped him somewhat to keep track of the ebony hedgehog in the dark. He doesn't know why he just has this... strange glow in the dark, but he figured maybe it was just another one of his alien perks.

By now, the hedgehogs were almost borderline just shoving and pushing each other to get the other out of the way. It looked silly from an outside perspective, but they were alone and the duo were too concencrated on the race to care.

"So-" Sonic shoved the other hedgehog to the side with his shoulder, smirk on his face while a drop of sweat rolled down his head. "What did you have for breakfast this morning?"

"Ug-" Shadow grit his teeth a bit, elbowing the blue hedgehog before processing his question and narrowing his eyes at him. "...Why the hell are you asking me that?"

"I mean," Sonic elbowed back harder in response, Shadow grunting. "It'd be kinda boring to just- run here while hitting each other without having anything to talk about, eh?"

"I suppose, but that's a strange question to ask." Shadow huffed, punching Sonic directly in the face to which the hedgehog groaned and held his cheek, his speed still not faltering. "I just had oatmeal and a coffee after. It's a healthy alternative."

"Well I didn't take you to be the responsible type-" Sonic tried to trip the dark hedgehog, his speed slowing a bit as it failed and Shadow simply avoided it, able to get ahead before Sonic started catching up again. "Actually, nevermind- I kinda did!"

"Hmph." Shadow just rolled his eyes, also trying to trip the other in return, but it also failed on his end as Sonic avoided it. "Then what about you? You probably just eat pizza all morning. Disgusting."

"Hey!" The blue hedgehog pouted, landing a punch on Shadow as he winced. "I mean- sometimes, I do- but I don't really have a home, so I always go crash at Tails's in the morning. That means he makes me eat actual healthy stuff since he's the cook, so I just had eggs. Hmphh..."

Shadow huffed in slight amusement, punching Sonic in the arm, making him stumble to the side. "Be grateful the fox is looking out for you, you know."

"Hmph- oh come on!" Sonic rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "It's not like a few pizzas and chips here and there is going to kill me! I'm sure you eat stuff like that sometimes too, right?"

"I suppose." Shadow sighed, ducking to avoid another punch from the azure hedgehog. "I do like to eat pizza myself, along with 'Doritos', 'Hot Pockets'... anything mobile, but I mostly go for healthy foods."

"Ooh, see?" Sonic laughed as he winked, playfully elbowing Shadow in the side this time. "I knew you had a junk lover side to ya, Shads!"

Shadow simply scoffed at him, rolling his eyes in unamusement as he pushed his face away. "Quit your shenanigans. How about I spit a question back at you, huh?"