Jokester

rlly short one cuz i'm lazy

It was currently some time in the morning, and in a store waiting in an excruciatingly long line was two hedgehogs, one a lot more bored than the other.

Sonic tapped his foot as he crossed his arms, looking around in boredom. Of course he had no problem staying still, but the problem was that it had been a little more than ten minutes and they were still in line. Nothing to cure his boredom at all. The blue hedgehog rubbed under his nose with his finger, turning his head towards the black hedgehog who was leaning on the shopping cart and on his phone, seemingly texting someone who he assumed would've been Rouge.

Or maybe there was something to cure his boredom...

"Hey-"

"Occupied." Shadow clicked his tongue, already knowing Sonic's plan to bother him, not even sparing a single glance towards his boyfriend. "Go find something else to do."

Sonic pouted, slouching with ears drooped. "You didn't even let me finish!"

"Then what do you need?"

...

"What do you call a pig that does karate?"

"Sonic, don't you start-"

"A pork chop!" Sonic giggled, nudging the extremely unamused hedgehog. "Get it? Get iit-"

"I get it!" Shadow groaned in annoyance, nudging the other away and shaking his head as his focus went back to his phone. "I can't believe I even gave you the time of day just for you to do that."

"Hmm... hey, hey- Why did the golfer bring two pairs of pants?"

"Sonic no-"

"In case he got a hole in one! Haha!" Sonic cackled like a weirdo, holding his stomach as he hunched over. A few weird stares were spared to the duo, making Shadow irritated and even more unamused.

"Sonic, this isn't the place for you to make stupid-"

"What- what did the policeman say to his belly button?" The blue hedgehog snickered uncontrollably, slinging an arm over Shadow's shoulder as he wiped off a tear. The dark hedgehog deathglared him, a frown on his face.

"What."

"You're- you're... under a VEST!"

As Sonic cracked up next to him, Shadow just stared at him for a hot minute before huffing in amusement, thankfully unnoticed by Sonic.

"Shads- What did the bartender say to the turkey sandwich when it tried to order a beer?" Sonic smiled goofily at his boyfriend, who was actually slowly becoming less annoyed.

"'Sorry, we don't serve food here!'"

"...My god." The black hedgehog put a face to his hand, snorting and actually smiling from how gradually dumber the jokes were becoming.

"Ey, I'm making you smiileee! Ha!" Sonic smirked, leaning a bit of his weight onto Shadow. "Hey, do you know why people say 'break a leg' when you go on staageee?~"

"Sonic, for the love of Chaos-"

"Because every play has a Cast!" Followed along with the dumb joke, Sonic made ironic finger guns at the hedgehog, which made Shadow lose it as he started laughing, covering his mouth quickly.

"Damn you, Sonic..." Shadow shook his head, wiping a tear from the corner of his eye, his goofy smile dropping.

"At least I got you to smileeee! It looked cute-"

"Shut up. We're already next in line."

[ 508 WORDS ]