Monstrous Lightning

tried to write shadow here as in character as possible while slipping in some of my hcs, also ermm sonic's house has a BATHROOM now cuz i said SO .
also the thunder is completely forgotten about and only appears when i want it to start existing again . bare with me here 💀💀 ok no more yapping

[SONIC BOOM AU]
warning for slight panic attacks and unconscious self-harm (not that intense i think)

Scratching.

Scratching could be heard, echoing inside the black hedgehog's dark cave as he dragged his finger down, his sharp nail that was poking out from his glove leaving physical marks on the cave's wall. There wasn't anything to do and while he actually considered picking a fight with Sonic and his annoying friends to cure his boredom at one point, he truly wasn't really in the mood to do such a thing at the moment. He'd much rather be isolated right now than have any type of interaction with another mobian.

Once finished with whatever he was doing, Shadow simply backed away to stare. Most of his work made on the wall consisted of just random scratches. Sporadic marks, bearing no purpose and only being left as some kind of stress reliever. But then there were the scratches he did with purpose, to make something. Drawings on the wall of him and his old friend.

Him and a little girl much taller than him holding hands.

Them picking flowers.

Reading together.

Of course, Shadow's artistic abilities wasn't the best, so they were just simple little stickmen. The only thing that was differentiating them from each other was one of them having upwards quills like Shadow's and the other having long hair, wearing a headband.

The hedgehog simply stood there, eyes staring at space with a thin line as a mouth. The thoughts in his head were almost jumbled and empty.

Seemingly snapping out of his trance, the ebony hedgehog's mouth turned into a frown, fang slightly peeking out. He growled under his breath before turning around and pressing his back against the wall, sliding down onto the floor as he curled up, legs to his chest as he buried his face in his knees.

So irritating, he thought.

Shadow's ears twitched, the sound of quiet drops hitting the ground. Of course, it was much louder to his ears than the average mobian. The speed of the drops seemed to increase more and more, making the hedgehog pull his face out of his knees to look to the side and towards the entrance of the cave.

It was raining, just as Shadow figured. He didn't mind, though. This type of weather somewhat soothed him, especially in his distressed state. Simply huffing, he was about to bury his face in his knees again to take a nap before hearing a very annoying and familiar voice call out to him.

"Oooh Shaaddooww!~"

Shadow's ears perked up, eyes widening and quills standing on end as he immediately pulled himself from the ground, standing up and against the cave's wall with his arms crossed. He quickly forced himself to gain back his composure, sighing heavily in clear annoyance.

"Ughh... you again?" The ebony hedgehog let his hands fall to his sides, balling up his fists as he glared at the tall human man entering his cave who was also waving stupidly at him. "Are there only flies in that small head of yours? I am not in a great mood, Doctor."

"..Oh!" Eggman scratched at his bald head, furrowing a brow as he smiled nervously. "Well, sorry for coming in at a bad time, but I just wanted to let you know I ran into-"

"Zip it, fool!" Shadow randomly lashed out, ears pinning to the sides of his head as he narrowed his eyes, harshly pointing a finger at the doctor. "I have no time for your childish antics! I thought I told you I wouldn't even consider working with you again. Now leave!"