Soft

During a rather somber night with the raindrops falling from the clouds and trickling down the glass of the windows of a home where two hedgehogs resided, Sonic decided to go and accompany his currently sleeping partner in their shared bed with a book in hand, considering he had nothing else to do at that moment, and he would rather not have water stick to his fur while trying to take a run outside. There was some pretty heavy rain anyway, and it would certainly slow him down.

Obviously, Sonic did not like that idea one bit. So, deciding to do what he loves second best, he just sat down next to Shadow's sleeping form and read some cheesy romance sequel book that Amy lent to him since she abandoned it a long time ago. Although the genre wasn't his cup of tea, he supposed it was better than nothing. She went on a pretty long rant about how shitty the story was, which was unsurprising to the blue hedgehog. She can be pretty passionate about that specific type of genre.

And while reading it, Sonic found himself agreeing with the complaints of the pink hopeless romantic. The pacing was terrible, it was a damn bore to read, and for some reason, the main character who he thought was pretty cool and competent at the start began acting like some scrawny and useless softie when he got with his love interest who was cold and serious.

Oh yeah, this was also a gay love story. Sonic didn't know Amy read that type of stuff either...

But whatever. It was fun, poking fun at how the terrible book in his hands suddenly started playing out like fanfiction, horribly mischaracterizing its characters the more the story played out.

One of the scenes that came up later had the two characters being fluffy and cuddly with each other, with the main character squishing his love interest's cheeks and gushing about how soft they were. Sonic paid no mind, his eyes skimming through the agonizing lines of dialogue and action, wondering if this book would have any remotely good qualities to it until his ear twitched at the sound of rustling next to him, making him turn his head to him as he watched Shadow stretch out his body, changing positions to face him while on his side, clearly still asleep. 

The azure hedgehog, now deciding that inspecting his partner was much more interesting and less of a pain than reading the book, stared at his face blankly. The black hedgehog slept with his mouth slightly agape, drool coming from the corner of his mouth as his cheek smushed against the pillow that the side of his head was lying on. It was kinda funny. Sonic blinked as the gears in his head started turning for the first time in the past 30 minutes when his brain shut off while reading the god-forsaken book in his hand.

Sonic didn't really know how Shadow's cheeks felt.

And upon this revelation, the blue hedgehog wasted absolutely zero time tossing the book aside, removing his gloves, and cupping Shadow's face in his hands, who surprisingly did not wake up from the action. Sonic turned Shadow's face a bit, squishing and squeezing his cheeks to get a rreeeaalll good feel.

They were smooth.

And very soft and squishy.

Now satisfied about knowing what his boyfriend's cheeks felt like, Sonic let out a proud huff as he gave them one last squeeze before finally letting go of his face. Shadow's face scrunched up as his head returned to its original position on his pillow, grumbling in his sleep which made the blue hedgehog snicker a bit under his breath.

Sonic thought that he should get more feels of his cheeks in the future.

[ 608 WORDS ]