Chapter 4

Green and brown heterochromia eyes locked with pink and black multicolored eyes. The redhead asked, "You're alive?"

The blue-haired woman ran up to the red-haired male, "Ren!"

Ren pulls a green necklace from his pocket. She gasps, and Yuki asks, "Is that her, Ren? You've changed, Zara."

His weak body let go of the necklace. Yuki quickly caught it and held it out to the blue-haired female, "I believe he was trying to give this to you."

The female asks, "How'd you get this? It was taken from me. Why are you like this?"

Yuki says, "A lot of things happened."

Zara looked at the green haired male, to the redhead, then to the ground. Ren says, "Nothing you need to bother yourself with."

They go into dormitories that were assigned to Riencarnates during the incident, still trying to keep Riencarnates and Non-Riencarnates separated. The blue haired girl followed them, no clear intentions in her mind. After the boys basically threw Ren into a bath and got him clean, Ren, Zara, and Yuki sit on the grey-colored sofas in the common room. Yuki asks, "If that gas gave each Non-Riencarnate an ability, what ability did it give you, Ren?"

Ren looks at him, "So I can take the wounds or scars of other people and take them as my own. A downside effect is that no matter the age of the scar, it'll appear fresh on my body."

The blue haired woman asks, "Doesn't that hurt?"

The redhead answers, "Yeah, but I can handle it pretty well."

Zara looks to the ground. Ren asks her, "What ability did it give you?"

She answers, "Only 1 ability other than the ones I already have. I have a chronostasis-like ability. I can manipulate time, see through it, and have myself or other people travel through it."

Yuki asks, "That's so cool, but you have abilities? Aren't you a Non-Riencarnate?"

Zara tears up, "I don't wanna talk about it."

Ren says, "You can tell me anything. None of us have seen you for 10 years. We can catch up. Yeah, it's not gonna be easy with how the situation is, but it'll give us a great opportunity."

Zara nods, "Alright..."

Ren explained his side of the story, stopping when reaching the part about escaping Kito's grandmother's place. Zara asks, "What's wrong?"

Yuki's face went gloomy, along with everyone else there. Zara looked confused. Kanoe said, "We lost someone very important. Especially important to Ren."

Zara looked around the room, trying to figure out who was missing out of the small friend group that she knew when they were just kids. She asks, "Where's Kito?"

Everyone was silent. After asking once, she knew the answer. Zara says, "There's two ways I know to save him. Rewinding him or rewinding time."

Ren says, "It's better not to disturb the laws of nature. If so, things could get a lot worse than they are. If things were different, I would do anything to get him back."

Zara bursts into tears, "Edgeshot saved Bakugo, so how come we wouldn't be able to save Kito?!"

Ren stands up, "Because this is the real world, not just some anime!!"

He looks down, "Life works differently when it comes down to those two factors..."

Ren falls forward, breaking the wood table in front of him in half. Everyone who wasn't already looking at them turned. Yuki grabs Ren's arm and lifts him up, "You should go get your rest, Ren."

Ren pulls himself out of Yuki's grasp, "I still need to hear Zara's story."

Zara said, "But I just saw that happen. You need to rest."

Ren said, "Not till I hear your side of this."

Zara said, "Your stubbornness hasn't changed one bit."

Ren doesn't make a sound and waits for Zara to speak. She says, "To put it brief, my side of the expirementations. I was trained to become a killing machine. Basically, to kill people like powerful Riencarnates and people who faced against the villains, especially people like you, Ren."

The greenette's and the redhead's eyes went wide. Ren looked to the ground, "What do you mean like me?"

She says, "They were trying to create abilities for a long time. Once they were able to achieve that. They had a feeling that the expirements that they had would go after them if they broke free, so they created me and one other. The last time I saw her, she was inside the cafeteria in there."

Ren looks at her and says a name under his breath, but loud enough to be heard, "Abbie..."

Zara nods, "That's right. I'm assuming that you were told that she died by their hands?"

Ren nods. He only felt anger rise.

Not only were they trained to go against their free will, but I was lied to about them.

Half of Ren's vision became blue. Ren freaked out a little at this fact. It was the same eye as his previously blind eye. Zara caught Ren's attention, "Ren? What's going on with your eye?"

As his right eye reverted back to the green color of was, he said, "I-I... I don't know. That hasn't happened to me before. Maybe that was part of Akano's satanic abilities."

Zara asks, "Satanic abilities?"

Ren replies, "Akano is the riencarnation of Yukio Okumura, one of the twin sons of Satan."

Zara says, "Oh, that makes more sense. Kito's brother, right?"

He nods, "Yeah..."

Ren looks to the ground, "Hey, Zara?"

She replies, "I wanted to apologize. You and Abbie. I wasn't there when I should've or could've been. I lost Kito because I wasn't there fast enough. Just tell me I won't lose you guys, too."

Zara smiles, "Promise."

Ren starts to lean back against the sofa, "Thank..."

The redhead yawns and rests his head to the side, "... You."

Before anyone knew it, Ren was asleep, probably about to get the most amount of sleep he's gotten in months. Zara chuckles, "You're welcome."

Usamiyo covers Ren up with a soft blue blanket. Ren seemed comfortable, and everyone tried to stay quiet until he woke up on his own.

---