Chapter 7

I just realized, I posted the last chapter on a Wednesday

I'm just trying start back up and keep up on this.

----------------------------------

Kanoe shouts at Ren again, "Who?! Are?! You?!"

Ren looked back up at Kanoe after being punched to the ground by Kanoe. Ren said with teary eyes, "R-Ren... I-I'm Ren...!"

---------------------------------

Kanoe helped Ren up. Ren wiped his tears away. He had thought about Kito again? Ren sighed and went into the room. Yuki followed, "So... do you think the enemies are after you?"

Ren was silent for a moment, then answered, "I can't say for sure, but if they are, it would be to experiment on me more."

Yuki suggests, "Or to see why you were a good subject for them. They wanted to give a Non-Riencarnate abilities, and you seemed to be one of the first Non-Riencarnates they could find I guess. It's rough, but it's true, and there's no turning back tim-"

Yuki seemed to realize what he said, and looked at Zara, who has a chronostasis ability. Ren stayed silent, knowing what Yuki meant, and why he stopped like that. Zara can manipulate anything that involves time, like memories, history, time travel, etc.

(You can choose to play the song or if you wanna keep listening to the other song.)

Ren closed his eyes and laid his head back, as if he was still tired. He was trying to relax, trying to ignore the mirage of Kito that had haunted him past Kito's death. He knew that the Kito he saw was nothing more than a fragment if his depression, sadness, fear, anger, his loss of motivation, and inability to let go.

Ren sighed softly. Ren didn't know what to do, he felt as if Kito was a guiding light that had died out. He almost always knew what was to be done whem he was around Kito. He felt like he didn't know what to do anymore. He opened his eyes slightly, looking at the ceiling. Yuki noticed this, "Hey, Ren? Are you okay?"

Ren looked at him, then nods softly, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Zara offered, "If it's really important, I can try to revert time. I'm assuming it'd take a lot of energy though, since altering someone's memories took a lot of effort for me. But, you can make the world normal again."

Ren denied, "No, that should be saved as a last resort. We need to be sure that I can save this world I destroyed."

Yuki corrected Ren, "You didn't destroy it, you were expireminted on, and you didn't get to choose it. They forced you, and you had no choice."

Ren then shouted back, "Then why am I getting blamed by everyone out there?! Why am I being thanked by the villains?! Why do I feel like I'm the one who's really to blame?! Kito wouldn't have died if I were stronger! Kito wouldn't have died if I was a Riencarnate! No, none of this wouldn't have happened if I was a Riencarnate! If I had an ability! Or if I wasn't here in the first place!!"

Yuki looked at Ren with a sympathetic look, Ren continued to shout how he felt, "We wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for me! The country is in chaos because I'm weak! I only caused the trouble, and I haven't helped at all!! Dammit!!"

Yuki looked at Ren with sympathy, "Ren, it's not true, any of it. It's not your fault, and it would've just been someone else if it weren't you. We would all still be going through this. So stop acting like this and get it together Ren!!"

Ren shook his head, "It's my fault! Can't you see?! I caused all of this! And I hate it! I miss the time we were just kids in class, like kids from TV that always messed around with each other and nothing else! There's no way to go back! No way for things to get normal again! I hate it so much! This new life, a life without Kito, I hate it! He was my best friend! He may be mean and aggressive, but still caring and kind! I miss him so much! I just want him back! He was all I could ask for!"

Yuki nods, "I understand how you feel about Kito, I was friends with him too. But if he were here, do you think he'd be happy with how you're reacting? I bet he'd miss you just as much if it were the other way around. Maybe even more. But Ren, you have to understand, it's not your fault, it never was, and never will be. Like Zara said, she can try to revert time, or send you back in it. Everything could change then, and maybe the world could be resolved. Maybe it's the way to fix everything. Ren... I'm sorry this happened, I wish I could change it, I really do, but it's up to you and your decision on this."

Ren sighed, unsure of what to say, or what to think even, "I don't know... So much had changed, and still much more change to be done... Sure, life wasn't the best back then, but it was enjoyable. I miss those days..."

Ren rubbed the forming tears from his eyes. "I used to be so sure of almost everything, and I had all of my friends, my best friend was always by my side, and now... he's gone..."

They nod, all but Alaska looked down, saddened by this. Alaska was fazed by hearing this, but she didn't know Kito as well as Zara did as kids. The next few minutes was silent, the silence grew louder, but no one seemed to mind, as they were all pretty much just grieving their deceased friend. Yuki spoke, "He was a friend that cared, and was willing to do anything for those he cared about..."

Kanoe said, "Kito was someone people could rely on whenever someone needed help with physical or emotional issues."

Zara spoke as well, "He was a beacon and a symbol of light and kindness for others, a friendly balance of kindness and aggressiveness."

Ren stared at the ground, "The person who stopped the trouble, and started some as well."

They all said in sync, "Our friend, Kito."

-----

Piblished 12:00am, Wednesday, October 11th 2023