Chapter 8

>>Short Chapter<<

|》《|Four Years Earlier|》《|

The sound of a violin played on one of the dorm's verandas, a song you'd hear from an anime. A certain boy with yellow hair and hazel-yellow eyes as the original player of the song, but different now. A boy with green hair stepped out of their dorm, looking down to the veranda below him, a gentle smile on the green haired boy's face. He watched the person below him play the violin, watching in surprise and amazement.

The green hair of the boy swayed in the soft breeze. While the hair of the male below him swayed gently with the breeze. A soft smile on the lower boy's face, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the music he played. The sound of each note were different, creating a rhythm of art. The feeling of the vibration of the strings were enjoyable as the violin vibrates slightly with the strings. Each note's sound were beautiful, comparable to an angel's voice. The notes echoed as it quickly filled the instrument to release soundwaves for those nearby to hear the sounds of a violin, the notes to make those at ease. The bow held with a perched pinkie finger and arched thumb, the ring and center finger overlapping the bow's frog, and the index finger laying on the metal above the frog. The horsehair being dragged across each the D string and A string, maybe even the E string's open note and first finger note too. Fingers placed differently across each string in use of the bow to create the different, angelic, notes. The song ended with a final note that was four beats to the speed of the song, the length of a whole measure at the rhythm's tempo.

The green haired boy stared at the male below him. The lower male opened his eyes, looking at the dark scenery, the trees were silhouettes in the night sky. The male went to look at the dark, navy blue sky, but his brown and white eyes locked with emerald green eyes. The greenette smiled, "That was beautiful. I didn't know you played, Ren."

The red-haired male looked down at the ground, his face red in embarrassment, "I... uh... I do..."

Yuki still had his smile, "That was Momiji's Violin from Fruits Basket, correct?"

Ren nods, "Mhm... I didn't mean to wake you..."

Yuki shakes his head, "Not at all. I was actually up for a while, then I heard wonderful music out here and I just had to check it out."

The redhead looked back up at the male, "Wonderful? You think I did good?"

The greenette gave a genuine and reassuring smile, "Of course. It was beautiful."

A smile grew on Ren's face, one of excitement and gratitude. A boy on a neighboring veranda spoke, "He's right, Ren. It truly was. I can't disagree with Yuki on this matter."

A boy appeared on the wall, as if he was invisible for a minute, "It's true, and I got it recorded."

Ren looked at the two, "H-Huh?! Kito! Katsumi! How long have you been there?!"

Kito smirks, "That's our business to know..."

Katsumi smiles, getting off of the wall onto Ren's veranda, "...and yours to not find out."

Ren sighs, "You guys are mean...!"

The other three chuckle.