Chapter 9

|》《|Current Time|》《|

|》《|A few days later|》《|

Ren ties his shoe laces before putting on his banged up iron soles. He stands up straight and twists the cuff of his tattered glove, hearing clicking until it no longer turns. He slid his web fluid cartridges into the gloves' cuffs even though he doesn't use them anymore. He then clips Kito's overshirt around his neck, putting on his black and cyan filtering face guard.

Ren hears a voice behind him, "When are you gonna give me a real conversation? It's been forever! You keep saying that I'm not real... It hurts..."

Ren sighs, ignoring Kito. The blue haired male says, "You know, if you've watched supernatural, do you wanna know one of the top claims?"

Ren stayed silent, not answering. He tied his longer green and red hair back. Kito stepped in front of Ren so he couldn't be ignored, "If you carry an item special to the deceased person, then the ghost of that person basically sticks around since it's haunting the object. Do you wanna take a guess as to what that object is for me?"

Ren looked down at the sword in front of him on a table and the overshirt around him. He'd assume it was one or the other, but didn't answer. They were his only things left of Kito, so his only options were to leave one, leave both, or take both. Only if it were true though. He shook his head since he didn't believe in that kind of stuff, but it also could've been possible. Kito's around basically haunting Ren, riencarnation is real, Iketai is basically a thing, fictional characters are real, so many signs pointing to the possibility of it being true.

He refused to believe it, only believing that Kito was currently a hallucination on Ren not being able to let go of Kito's death.

Ren took a deep breath. Kanoe came up to him. "Hey, Deku wannabe."

Ren turned around, knowing Kanoe was referencing him. "Hm?"

Kanoe said, "You were just acting a bit weird, you okay?"

Ren says, "I'll be fine..."

Yuki shouted, "There it is!"

Ren and Kanoe turned to look at their green and grey haired friend. Kanoe asks, "What?"

Yuki said, pointing at Ren while gently swinging his wrist is a circle, "You said that's you'll be fine, which means that you're not fine right now."

Kanoe has a deadpanned expression, "Did you steal that from Camp Cretaceous?"

Yuki puts on a nervous smile with a cold sweat, rubbing the back of his neck, "Maybe..."

Kanoe sighs. Ren gave an unamused expression. Yuki exclaimed, "Hey! At least I'm honest about it..."

Katsumi walked up behind the trio, "True, but I feel like the person who would've beat Yuki to saying that would've been Ki-... I mean, nevermind..."

Katsumi looked down, clearly feeling bad for bringing up the group's deceased friend. Kanoe shook his head, "No, you're right. If he were still here, things would still be a little bit better. Ren probably wouldn't have run out on his own. Things would be a bit brighter around here with him around, he'd probably have a smile just because Ren's around."

Katsumi and Yuki nodded in agreement. Ren turns around with a scowl, as if he's glaring at someone. The other three noticed. They try to spot what Ren's looking at, but all they saw is the wall. Yuki asks, "Ren? Is something the matter?"

Ren's expression softens as he looks at Yuki, then he shakes his head. He lowered his eyes a bit, "I'm fine..."

Katsumi looks up, then chuckles. Kanoe, Yuki, and Ren look at Katsumi with confusion. Katsumi spoke before any of them had the chance to speak, "The villains weren't lying, their idea was to make this world like My Hero, wasn't it? Well it is. Practically everyone has powers, right? We've got villains, common violent deaths, an antagonist for our protagonist here."

Katsumi then nudges Ren's shoulder a bit. Ren looks down. He looks a little to the side sadly as his head was hung low, "Hey... If you weren't Riencarnates, if powers didn't exist, much less riencarnation be a thing, do you think we'd be friends? We're from different parts of the world who got gathered at Horizon just because I'm family to Riencarnates and you guys are Riencarnates."

A soft tint of pink covered his cheeks as his expression was still a saddened look, "Do you think me and Kito would've ever met...?"

Katsumi, Yuki, and Kanoe looked at him with a mix of shock, sadness, and surprise. Yuki looks worried, or concerned, "Ren, don't think about that! It's not about "What If"s, it's the "What is" that is important right now! We're about to set out to find the antagonists and find a way to reverse what's happened!"

Ren sighs and nods. He then looks up at Yuki with a dedicated expression, "Alright. All that matters right now, right. Then let's do this."

They walk downstairs to where their friends are, where they see Amane, Lex, Emi. Ren then looks at Taki, his brother, who had soft tears in his eyes. Kiya gave Taki a hug, because who else would give Gon a hug other than Killua? Ren then spoke to catch Taki's attention, "I'm sorry..."

The group of 58 other students looks over at Ren. Taki then says, "Ren... You worn yourself out and starved yourself because you lost your best friend, and you felt at blame for what happened to Kito and everyone else... It's not fair... You're my brother, and I care... You said you were always there for me... I believed you, then you left... I felt so lost... Ren... Please don't ever leave again!"

His tears started to flow like rivers, practically sobbing. Tears started forming in Ren's own eyes as he stared at Taki with widened, teary eyes. He quickly ran up to Taki and gave him a huge starting to cry, "I'm sorry! I love you, I really do! I'm so sorry!"

Taki hugged him back, sobbing onto Ren's shoulder.

After a bit of the two brothers crying, they broke their hug and wiped their tears away. Ren takes a deep breath and nods, "Alright, it's time to go."

Everyone nodded in agreement, as if a dramatic scene from an anime. Ren walked towards the door, grabbing a hold on the door handle. He stared at it for a minute, his hand on the handle. He squeezed his eyes shut and pulled it open. His hands then automatically felt empty. He opened his eyes quickly to find his hands empty, but also the change of scenery, he was in the streets of none other than Japan, but not the streets of Japan he once knew.

His eyes went wide. He could no longer see out of his right eye once again, like before. He heard a rather familiar voice behind him, "Hm? You seem cool. Who are you?"

Ren froze, his eyes widened, tears already forming now. He slowly turned around to see a familiar blue haired boy, blue eyes, and the same pointy ears he could recognize. He cried silently while looking at the boy, "Kito?"

The blue haired boy tilted his head a bit in confusion, "Who?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being late, I was supposed to put this on Wednesday last week, but I didn't have any plot in mind out till today, it was kinda on the spot. Also, this is the last chapter of this series. Just kidding, this is just the last chapter of the book. I'm gonna make a third book. I'm really thankful to anyone who got this far reading my cringe story. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!😭