⁰⁰⁵

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Conceit

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I'm useless, aren't i?" Tears flooded his eyes as he looked keenly to a reply.

"No you're not.."

The boy looked into her eyes for a look of reaffirmation while Noye treated his wounds.

"We'll, i mean i guess since you did almost  turn in our entire gang to the central police, so.." Noye pursed her lips in regret upon seeing the boy's reaction to her statement. "I wasn't supposed to say the raw unfiltered truth now, was I? Sorry."

"Do you think he'll kill me?"

"Oh dad? I mean, he would've pretty much strangled you to your death the very moment he saw after what you did, but that's only the outcome of what would've happened if i weren't there. So yeah in an alternate universe where i wasn't there to save you, you could presume you're already dead. But then again, i don't really like to take all the credit. So do leave the praise for later." She ended the self-rant with a narcissistic smile. 

Jeongin just looked at her, confused. 

"I'm kidding. Just needed to get you distracted off the rubbing alcohol i dabbed onto your wounds." She rolled a finally round of bandaid round his leg while Jeongin had only seemed to have processed the situation. 

"The pain 10x worse when you know when its going to be felt." She sent a wink before reaching for the door out the infirmary room. "If someone asks why you're here, just tell them 'Noye didn't like the look of a dirty injured servant so she asked for me to be cleaned.' Am i clear? Get some good rest, Jeonginah. I'm sure you'll be of use, so i'm going to need you healthy and bulk for when i come back for you." 

Jeongin flashed a wide sunshine smile at the woman that simply melted her heart. Noye returned a quick smile before leaving the room. 

She sighed in realisation that she's now been expressing emotions other than her ever-feuling frustration and blood boiling anger these days and it doesn't feel good. Her heart starting to defrost, ever since...him. So it all goes back to him, doesn't it. She left another sigh before going back to working mode.

_____________________________

"Should've listened."

"What?"

"I said...that you should've fucking listened when i told you to back off." Noye grabbed a pocket knife out of her pocket, charging forward at the man with the ridiculous challenge.

seeing their leader so fataly injured with a mere pocket knife had them shaking. Their hesistant faces caused a smirk to Noye's face. She raised an eyebrow at the wavered crew.

"Urghh...What're you waiting for?!! kill her dammit!" Their injured leader growled laying injured on the ground, admist them.

one of the men hesitantly step forward. Noye lent a quick smile before his face magically, painfully collided with the hard concrete wall.

A man grabbed her by the waist, trying to pin her to the ground, to which she pulled out a handful of hair from his head while he did so. A kick to the head, he groaned and fell to the floor. She kicked the body off the battle zone.

The bravest of them all plunged forward to them. She slipped a leg across the running man, letting him fall to the ground head first and stabbed him, pining the body to the ground with the blade.

"Oops. Would you look at that. I lost my only weapon. Guess i'll have to fight unarmed." She feigned a disappointed look before flashing a decieving smile. she couldn't let those year of hand to hand combat training go to waste, could she? Her instructor, Changbin, surely wouldn't approve.

"Hand to hand combat 101." Noye narrated, breaking the fourth wall, while she faced a pair stepping forth to war at the same time. "Number one. When theres too much on your plate, there's just a few things to remember..." She stood strong in fighting stance. "Always protected your head. A blow to that.." She slammed a punch to the back of one's head. "...and you're done for."

"Have your eye on the fatal points, such as.." She threw a punch to the other. "The jaw,.." A kick to in between the stomach and the chest land on one who unfortunately decided to face her to a second round. "..the diaphragm, which causes lungs to spasm, sounds good huh?.."

Noye's smirked grew wide at facing her last to-be-victim. "and finally, my personal favourite.." A hard kick to inbetween the not so poor man's leg. "the groins!"

"You're welcome, ladies and gentlemen." Noye took a moment to rest, but unfortunately she'd miscalculated. A sharp pain flashed through her body as she wracked her head in the direction of the inflictor, who let a blood smile at her. 

"Ouch that fucking hurt!" She slapped his hands off the blade that'd just been stabbed onto her. The leader seemed to be fulfilled from being able to do something to her to worry about the hell he'll be going tnrough in return.

"You see kids, its normal to expect at least a scratch when you're fighting, since..well, you're not God or anything. But, sadly for me, here i've obtained slightly more than a scratch.." she held onto the wound. "But its ok, because.....i'm Noye."

she took a breath before letting a brutal punch to the man's ribcage. "Punch? landed. Ribs? broken." She ended with the statement before leaning to the wall and letting herself take a single more breath. 

The area was soon to reek of sarcasm. "Oh no. I've attained a brutal disability. how convenient that a certain someone's house is close enough for me too commute on two legs to reach. And even more convenient that the someone is also doctor. I guess we all know where this is going.." One last sigh left the woman's lips before as she wished it'd rather been her last breath.   

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───