⁰⁰⁹

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝑊𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡.​

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Aren't you that boy who messed up on his first day?" Chan asked him, while looking worriedly at Noye as she tossed around in her sleep. "Noye brought you here didn't you? Of course she would." A tiny small adorned his face as he watched her sleep peacefully for once.

Jeongin nodded his head. "She's a kind person, isn't she?" A grin reflected on his face as well. "despite what she tries to make you think." he chuckled.

"True.." His smile gradually faded as he stroked her hair gently. "..but i wonder what's going to happen from here on. i just wish i could let her sleep like this as long as i could." 

"I didnt want to admit this, but i overheared your conversation earlier." Jeongin murmured hesitantly. "What was she talking about? it seemed like it really troubled her."

Chan hummed in reply. "I don't know, but you're right. I haven't ever seen that much emotion out of her in her entire lifetime....i seriously wish i could understand her." He sighed as he lowered his head. "What do i do?"

In the flicker of a moment, Jeongin's eyes light up. "Chan, er, sir, i remember someone here who Noye got involved with a few time. A lady....An unnecessarily flirty lady." Jeongin shivered as he recollected the events of accidently encountering the woman.

"A lady?" His brows wrinkled as he tried to recollect. "Oh..do you, perhaps, mean Mabel?"   

______________________________

She took off her helmet, holding it one hand as hurried off her the bike and towards the man. "CHANNN!!~ ITS BEEN SOOO LONGGGG!" the woman let helmet fall to the ground and threw her arms around him.

"Yes, yes. it has been, Mabel. Nice to see you again." Chan replied, not even trying to hide his disinterest as he tried to loosen her death grip around his waist.

"You called for me?" She grinned, pulling away from the hug shortly after.

"Yes, i did. I have a few things to discuss about. And its about Noye."

"Oh, yes, that sorry young woman." She rolled her eyes. "What about her?"

"I've heard you did a few favours for her lately.."

"Favours?" The lady scoffed. "more like orders. You know i can't refuse whatever she says, she did save my life after all. but sometime she goes too far, dammit. like last time, i had to babysit a four year old while she was off canoodling with its father."

Chan eyebrows wrinkled, worried about the way she described his sister. "Uh, that's a very inappropriate way to frame it,  i'm sure it wasn't anything like that."

"Oh, it was. But what i'm saying here is, she saved me from that tiny debt years ago. don't you think its about time i stop being indebted to that girl?" The older woman pouted.

"That was a large debt that someone like you couldn't have paid off, even if they work a nine to five office job every single day of their entire lifetime. So, I it would be fair that you obey the rare times she asks you to do something for her."

"But Channn~ Its embarrassing having to take orders from someone that's younger than me. and you know how Noye practically despises me!"

Chan remained unfazed at her statement. "Noye hates everyone."

"I even invited her to go shopping with me once and she completely ignored me! can you believe her?! that was so not girly pop of her!"

Chan's jaw grew slack at the way the senior assassin conversed with him, at a loss of words and braincells the longer he listened to whatever came out of the woman's mouth. "Look, Mabel, back to what i was saying, i would like to know a few things regarding what Noye asked you to do, in detail."

"Oh, that again? like i said she just asked me to waste my precious time babysitting a little girl, a four year old. Oh, and by the way, Noye told me she was badly injured, did you know?!-"

"Yes, i know, Mabel,  i just treated here."

"Oh, okay." She sighed. "And as i was saying, she asked me to babysit that child because she was injured, and a man, whom that child told me was her father was the one that took her to the hospital."

"hm..do you know how he looks like? do you think you could recognise him?" 

"Yeah, i mean that little girl was yapping about her father all day, showing me their photo albums and stuff." 

"Really? that's great, Mabel. Please do me a favour and describe his features to our sketch artist? I'll reward you nicely."

"Aww, anything for you, Chan..and for that reward." The woman left a wide smile before leaving the room in search of said artist.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

+extra.

The sound of a whirring blow dryer filled the room. Chan placed the dryer down on the side table after he was done.

"Would you like me to straighten your hair too, Noye?"

The aforementioned woman who had been applying lipstick on her own lips stopped in her tracks. "Noye." She repeated melancholically, "I know someone who used to call me that.."

He frowned at her through the vanity mirror the two were facing. "Perhaps that's because that's your name, Noye."