⁰⁰⁷

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠.​

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Noye immediately jolted out of her slumber. "WH-WHAT THE HELL?" 

Hyunjin who was snoozing on a chair next to her also woke because of her sudden outburst. "Noye? you're awake?"

"No i'm dead." The reply came out of her unconsiously before she even opened her eyes properly to look at the owner of the voice. "Hyunjin?! what are you doing he-.....oh." She sighed as she recollected the events of yesterday. 

"You've been asleep for almost an entire day. I was..worried."

"An entire day? Dammit! i missed my duolingo streak. That fucking bird's gonna kill me." She wiped beads of sweat off her forehead and sat straight in her hospital bed. "So...no one knows, right? About me being here. And no one questioned my wound, right?"

"Nuh uh. i used my connections to get the wound treated without anyone knowing." A faint smirk remained on his face.

"Your connections?" She raised an eyebrow. "If i remember right, you have no partner. no friends. no social life...you sneaked me in here didn't you."

"Ouch. W-Wha..well...yeah. B-But i did it anyway, didn't i? No soul knows you're here. so rest easy." He grinned. 

The room filled with silence as the two hoped not to adress the subject looming in both of their minds. 

"What about Miyeon? How is she doing? She's okay right?"

"Yes. she's okay."

"And how are you? are you doing? how's work?"

"I'm alright, too."

"Could your replies be anymore dry?"

A nostalgic samsung ringtone broke the silence as the phone vibrated in Hyunjin's pocket. He slipped it out his pocket and answer the video call. 

"NOYE? IS SHE THERE?" She squealed from the other side of the line. 

Hyunjin pouted into the screen. "you know you're screaming into my face but completely ignoring me, Miyeon. i'm hurt." He glanced to the side at Noye. 

"You're not hurt, Noye is. Now show me! Show me her!~" The girl whined, ignoring the older. Hyunjin sighed but a smile crept up his hand as he handed the phone to said woman. "Here. someone's worried about you." 

Noye hurriedly snatched the phone out his hands, face lightining up with the screen's light reflecting on her face but also because of the smile brightening it after seeing the girl. 

"NOYE! Are you better?"

"Much better, lovely. How was your morning?"

"I finished two pages of colouring today! and your friend, that lady, made me strawberry pancakes! and she even went and bought chocolate sauce because i just mentioned i liked it."

She smirked, proud. "like she should. I'll come over to see you when i'm healed. it may take a week or so."

"Really? is it that bad? does your ouchie hurt?"

Noye chuckled, "a bit. it hurts a bit. but not to much. i was lucky i got to see your face yesterday. i think that's why my ouchie didn't get serious. it works like a lucky charm." A smile melted on Hyunjin's face as he witnessed the conversation. 

Miyeon blushed from across the screen. "I-I..I'm not lucky.." 

"Ofcourse you are. Everything good that happens to me is because of you, Miyeonie." Her eyes smiled into the shape of crescents. 

"Then..then i should come over to see you! i want to you to get better as soon as possible!" 

"Oh no, sweetie. i can't use my lucky charm too much. i might run out of it." The woman smiled at the girl. She turns into a kindergarden teacher when she talks to the little girl. "Like i said, i'll come see you as soon as i recover. be a good girl till then, hm?"

"O..okay. i'm ending the call now because i have school now. Get well soon. Bye!" The girl gave her a wide smile before hurriedly ending the call.

Hyunjin sighed as he recieved the phone back from Noye. "I know she didn't ask you about how you got your ouchie, but she's probably worried about it. She wants to ask you about it, but she's acting like a 'good kid'."

"I noticed. I should probably give her a visit. That was a pretty bad jumpscare i gave her yesterday." Noye limply got off the bed, clutching onto her bandaged side. "by the way, did you actually just say 'ouchie' unironically?"

Hyunjin panicked seeing her walking off, recollecting her nature of escaping the hospital when she gets a chance. "Where are you going? You can't leave, you're not recovered yet, you need res-"

She chuckled. "Slow down. i'm not running away. i just need to use the restroom." She replied as a sigh left hyunjin's lips. "I couldn't escape even if i wanted to. i messed up big time." She pointed to the covered wound. 

"I can't believe i'm saying this.." he continued unapologetically, "..but i'd be glad this happens if this is what it takes for you to give yourself a rest."

Noye only rolled her eyes in reply as she left the room.  

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───