⁰¹¹

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐷𝑒𝑙𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"she hates me, doesn't she.."

Miyeon shook her head left to right but the man seemed to caught up in his own thoughts to notice.

"...it was when i proposed, wasn't it..she must have been really weirded out by it. i mean, how could an idiot like me think i could do something like that? just because she showed him a bit of attention? just because she let him vent to her?"

Miyeon rolled her eyes. "please stop talking in third person point of view."

"Its my fault. its all my fault. now she probably doesn't want to see miyeon either..."

"STOP TALKING LIKE I'M LITERALLY NOT RIGHT INFRONT OF YO-"

"Oh miyeon, did you say something?"

__________________________

The security guard's brow only crinkled further each time he spotted the pair taking rounds around the mall as if it were an amusement park. 

The woman out of the two walked around like a drunkyard, knees bending lower with each step she took and leaning into the man enough to knock the both of them over. The young man continued to ignore her while routinely scanning eyes down his tablet every few seconds.

The woman giggled before leaning into his ear. "Sometimes i just wanna know what it feels like to die. you know, just for the fun of it, do you get what i mean?....like, i'm waiting infront of a red traffic light and sometimes i'm just like, what if i just crash infront of a double decker bus. can you relate, Chan?"

"Yes, Mabel, after listening to you whisper your intrusive thoughts in my ear like a podcast, i do feel like it would currently feel nice to get hit by a bus." 

"I can't help it. this is like our..." She looked down at the back of her palm filled with tally marks drawn with an eyeliner pencil. "....eighteenth time circling around the entire mall."

"He's here. From the digging i've been doing, this man basically lives at this mall. comes here seven times a day." He looked into his laptop that somehow tracked the man's shopping history. "..But we checked everywhere he goes - the groceries, target, dollar store-"

" Did you check the ball pits?"

"The...ball pits?"

She shrugged. "Its worth a shot."

____________________________

Hyunjin sighed "The police finally caught up on me, didn't they?" He climbed out the ballpit, his hands in the air. "Its alright, i was expecting you."

"Is he...talking about us?" She pointed to herself. "I wouldn't really call myself that, but thanks, i guess." She shrugged before throwing Chan a confused look. 

Chan stepped up infront of him with his hands folded over his chest. "We're not the police, we just want to talk."

"Suure. That's what all police officers under disguise say right before arresting criminals-"

"How do you know that?"

"-in movies."

Mabel's mouth turned o-shaped. Chan sighed. "There's a few things we need to talk about, Hwang Hyunjin."

"So you raided my house and caught a hold of my birth certificate, huh?"

"No, we just asked your daughter your government name." Mabel replied blankly.

He turned side to side to not find Miyeon around him, only to find her right beside Mabel. He smiled. "So you've grown mature enough to even turn me in to the police, huh, sweetheart?"

Her brows crinkled. "I TOLD YOU TO STOP BEING HYSTERICAL-"

"Listen young man," Chan intervened. "You are not in the emotional state to discern reality from your delusions. Why don't you just come along with us and we'll-"

"So you can lock me up in jail before i know it, right?"

Miyeon rolled her eyes to the back of her head with a loud groan. "Just make him go to sleep with a poisoned dart at him or something already."   

Chan cleared his throat nervously. "I don't think that's necessary, child."

"He hasn't slept for days."

"Still got those sedative injections with you, Mabel?"

"NOT NEEDLES! I'M....NEEDLE-A-PHOBIC!"

"You're a doctor." the little girl reminded.

"Miyeonie!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───