𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭- 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕-

For the past few weeks, I've been working on a song for my boyfriend. I'd written few songs for him before, but this one is different. It just a little more special than the rest.

I'm on my way to pick him up right now. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I pulled into his driveway. I put my car in park and texted him that I was here. I looked up a few seconds later to see him coming out of his house and running towards my car with a big smile on his face.

"Hi baby" he said as he got in the car. I smiled and said hi back and pulled him in for a kiss. I brought my hand up to his jaw and gently caressed his jawline. We both pulled away and smiled at each other.

"So how are you today?" he asked as I pulled out of his driveway. "I'm amazing, how are you?" I responded. "i'm better now that i'm with you" he said sweetly.  "Where are we going" he asked.

"I was thinking Starbucks and then we could go to my house" I answered. He nodded and pulled out his phone. "Can I connect to your Bluetooth or are you connected" he asked. "I think i'm connected so you can just use my phone" I said pulling out my phone. He took my phone and started playing some music.

We got to starbucks and got our drinks and went home. As we pulled in my drive way Javon prepared to get out. "Wait Javon stay here" I stopped him. he muttered 'ok' before getting comfortable once again.

"So as you know I have a song coming out in 2 days" I said as I took my phone from him. "Yea? i'm confused" he said slowly. "Well I wanted you to hear it early" I said cheerfully. He smiled at me and gave my lips a quick kiss.

"So why am i hearing it early" he asked as i searched for the song on my phone. "Well because... it's about you. I wrote it for you" i answered. A slight blush appeared on his face.

"You ready?" i asked. He nodded excitedly. I turned up the speakers and hit play.

We've only been dating for a year
But i'm gonna take a risk and sound a little weird
I want the picket fences, and an arch around the entrance
2 Ikea twin beds for the kids

I looked over at Javon who was focusing on listening to the lyrics of the song. I really hope that this doesn't make him uncomfortable.

It's normal to be a little scared
But i wanna bend the rules and play some truth or dare
So ask me any question, i don't really care
The only thing i care about is if you'll meet me there

And i wanna take your name
And i know you want the same

Javon looked up and smiled at me. He reached over and grabbed my hand. He gave it a little kiss before stroking the back of my hand with his thumb.

When you hold me I see the end of a movie
Everyone thinks that we're crazy
And maybe we are
I hate the middle let's skip to the part when you kiss me
Surrounded by friends and our family
Know we're too young to get married
We knew from the start
I'm sick of waiting so can we just skip to that part

I looked at Javon who was smiling like an idiot.

The only way this is gonna hurt
Is if we got old, and you were the one to go first
So I'm wishing on elevens that we both meet up in Heaven
And fall in love again, just like the first time

And I know it all sounds lame
But I know you feel the same

"That does not sound lame, i promise" he said quickly. I smiled at him as he continued to playing with my fingers.

When you hold me, I see the end of a movie
Everyone thinks that we're crazy
And maybe we are
I hate the middle, let's skip to the part when you kiss me
Surrounded by friends and our family
Know we're too young to get married
We knew from the start
I'm sick of waiting, so can we just skip to that part?

Javon leaned over and kissed my head. I smiled up at him and noticed the slight tears in his eyes.

"You're voice is so beautiful baby" he said.

When I met you
I told my friends that I'd date you
No one believed it would come true
But look where we are
We're on our way, I know one day we'll get to that part

"Babyyy that was amazing!" he said before pulling me into a hug. "Thank you mi amor, i meant every single word" i said truthfully.

He looked into my eyes and admired me for a second. "I love you" he said with a smile. "I love you more" i said before pulling him in for a kiss.