𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞

𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞- 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕-
"C'mon Y/n please!" Jayla whined, following me into her living room. "Yea c'mon Y/n/n we wanna hear it" Jaden said.

Jayla and Jaden have been following me around for the past hour begging to hear my new song. The truth is, i wrote it about Javon... and his new girlfriend, Scarlett. (I'm pretty sure they're just friends but for this we're just gonna say they're together because it makes it easier)

Javon broke up with me a month and a half ago, the truth is it still kinda hurts. We were dating for almost 2 years and i thought he was 'the one' but i guess not, the worst part is he didn't even tell me why.

My plan was to release the song and then cut off the Waltons completely, that way there wouldn't even be a chance for it to be awkward.

But sitting here, watching Jaden and Jayla beg to hear my new song made me realize that it would be wrong to just turn my back on them.

"I'm not sure guys" i said uneasily, they both looked at me with pleading looks on their faces.

"But you always play us your songs before you release them! Don't you remember all the times we'd all sit down here and listen to your masterpieces?" Jaden pleaded. I nodded before speaking, "I do but things are different now."

"But they don't have to be! Just play it for me and Jaden, Javon doesn't matter!" Jayla negotiated.

"Um ouch Jayla" i screamed internally as i heard his voice. I looked over at the door and saw him and Scarlett standing there. She smiled and waved at us all.

I stuttered as i quickly grabbed my stuff, "Shit um I didn't know you would be home so early. I'm just gonna go guys sorry abou-" "No!" Jaden and Jayla interrupted at the same time.

"You can't leave. Not until we hear it" Jaden said. I sighed before turning to the younger twin. "Jaden i- I cant i gotta go" i said.

"Hear what?" Javon asked, confused. Both his siblings looked at me, i sighed and started to explain, "I have a new song coming out on Wednesday and they insist on hearing it early like always" i said quickly.

"Well i wanna hear it" he said with a slight smile. "I do too, if that's ok?" Scarlett said from beside Javon. I glanced at Jaden and he mouthed 'Please' to me. He's my best friend, how could i say no?

"Yea, ok fine! You guys know the drill" i said to them, Jayla and Jaden yelled out of excitement.

"Sorry but what do you mean by 'the drill'?" Scarlett asked. "I have everyone put their phones on the table so i know no one can record it" i explained.

The first time i did this with them, they were a little offended by this. Until i explained my reasoning and they all understood my anxiety. It's not that i don't trust them, i just don't want to take any chances.