8

the next day hyunjin's birthday came. to be honest he was very sad. he and his parents went to hyunjin's favorite pancake place every year.

but after his parents died nothing was real. he received no presents, only from the lovely little lady next door. no one greeted him. not even his grandparents who live in america.

it was 10 in the morning when hyunjin woke up from a deep sleep to someone ringing the doorbell. suddenly he didn't know where he was or who he was. he wasn't waiting for anyone. and not today.

he got up slowly, then put on an oversized white t-shirt and left his room.

"chill! i'm coming!" he almost shouted but he didn't have that much voice. he eventually opened the door and closed his eyes due the bright sky.

"hwang hyunjin?" someone asked him with papers and boxes in his hand.

"hm, yeah that's me, right here." he then opened his eyes, slower than a sloth.

"this is yours." said the man and handed him a small box which was blood red.

"who sent it? i didn't order anyone." he asked the postman, not knowing what to do with the box. the old man shrugged and shoved a paper to hyunjin's face. "here, sign it. i have no time."

hyunjin did as he was told. he signed it and carefully took the box inside his house. he didn't want to open it alone, because what if there is something in it that he doesn't want to see? for example, judging by the color, some severed hand.

so he put the little box on the coffee table and went back to his room, texting to his only friend. yes, to minho.

***

hyunbun: hyung!!!!
what are you doing?

sexylinos: hey jinnie
i'm having breakfast in the pancake place
w'sup with u?

as hyunjin read the word 'pancake place', his heart turned and a few tears fell from his eyes. so many memories.

hyunbun: i just woke up
can you come over later?
i'm scared...

sexylinos: what happened?
are you okay?

hyunbun: some1 sent me a box
it's red and have no sender on it
i'm afraid to open it

sexylinos: im omw

hyunbun: thanks hyung

little did hyunjin know, minho knew that today was the younger man's birthday and wanted to surprise him. he also found out from his brother felix where hyunjin used to go with his parents every year on his birthday. that's why he was in the pancake shop. to surprise hyunjin.

after about 15 minutes minho was already at the house. he knocked a couple of times, then after hearing a soft 'come in', he opened the door and came face to face with a hyunjin, hugging his knees on the couch and a red box in front of him.

and by the way he was crying silently, tears rolling down his beautiful face.

minho was next to him in less than a minute and hugged him tenderly, whispering sweet things into his ear.

but after some minutes minho broke the silence between them and asked "want me to open it for you?" as answer he earned a little nod from the younger.

minho let go of hyunjin, who was quite clingy today, which of course surprised the elder, but he quickly brushed it off. when he went to the table, he knelt before it and slowly opened the box.

the sight surprised minho even more, as he didn't expect it to be just a slide show. there wasn't even a letter in it or anything.

"do you have a projector?" the older blond asked, not taking his eyes off the small object.

"it is in there." hyunjin pointed to a black box on a shelf with wide eyes.

"okay." the other mumbled quietly and went to get it.

-

what you guys think whats in the slideshow 😏