◇|Chapter three|◇

Finney's pov

-

I had finished getting ready and walked into the kitchen.

"Gwen?" I looked around and spotted a note on the fridge.

'Hey, Finn. I had to leave early for volleyball practice. Breakfast is in the fridge. Love you ♡'

I sighed and rubbed my temples.

I opened the fridge and looked at the breakfast sandwiches that Gwen made me.

I took it out and stared at it.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled and put it in my bag. "I can eat it during free period."

I slipped on my Converse and tossed my bookbag over my shoulder.

-

I walked into first period and sat beside Donna.

"Hey Finn!" She turned to me, and her face instantly contorted into concern.

"You look like shit..." She grabbed my chin and examined my face. "Did you eat?"

I shook my head. "Wasn't hungry."

She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Finney... you need to take care of yourself."

I nodded and took out my computer. "Did you sleep at least?"

I nodded. "How much?" I thought about it and just shrugged. "Like four hours, maybe."

"You need to sleep more than that." She rubbed my shoulder. "Okay, mom." I snickered, and she just lightly chuckled.

-

I walked into second period, absolutely defeated.

"You're late Mr.Blake." The teacher scolded me. "I know. I'm sorry, my first period is across the campus."

After five minutes of scolding, he told me to sit down.

Coincidentally, the only seat was next to the person I sat next to yesterday.

He looked at me with concern. 'Geez. Do I really look that bad.' I mentally scoffed.

I sat down next to him.

He gave me the occasional glance that was filled with worry during the class period.

Once the bell rang, I stood up and rushed down the steps.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, so i turned around.

It was the dude who sat next to me.

"Hey... sorry to bother you, but are you okay? You don't look so good..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm fine...? Why are you talking to me anyway? Sorry if I seem mean, but we've never talked."

He chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah, sorry about that. I was just worried. I'm Billy Showalter, by the way!" He extended his hand.

I nodded in confusion and shook his hand. "Finney. Finney Blake."

"I recognized you from the cafe that my boyfriend works at."

I tilted my head. "Who?"

He chuckled. "The new employee. His name is Griffin."

I nodded. "Uhh. Sorry about bothering you, by the way."

I smiled softly and shook my head. "Don't worry about it, but I need to get to the next class. I'll see you tomorrow."

He nodded and waved to me as I walked out of the class.