◇|Chapter eight|◇

Finney's pov

-

"Hey Griffin, Donna." I greeted the two as I tied my apron to my waist.

"Hey, Finney. Yasmin isn't working today, and neither is Willow."

I nodded. "What about Ajax and Oliver?"

Donna nodded. "Yeah, they're here, but Oliver's gonna leave a little earlier than usual."

I hummed as I tied half of my curly hair back with a scrunchy, creating a small ponytail.

"Did you eat today?" Donna asked as Griffin went to make drinks.

I nodded, knowing that I was lying.

She hesitated but then asked. "Your meds..?"

I sighed and nodded as I pushed my bangs out of my eyes with a couple of bobby pins.

"Good, good..." I raised an eyebrow and turned my head to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and Donna sighed.

"I-...I don't know. I've just got a bad feeling that you did something... or something bads gonna happen to you." Donna sighed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." I whispered.

She huffed and pulled away. "Are you though? Really? Because you don't seem like it." She spoke in a harsh tone, but I knew she was worried.

Her nose was scrunched, and her eyes had a pained look.

"You never tell me anything, Finney. You don't even talk to your sister. You stopped going to therapy because of the cost. You won't tell ANYONE about your feelings. You're overworking. You hardly eat or sleep. You have dark circles under your eyes. You're paying bills, all by yourself. So, tell me, are you really okay, Finney?"

I hesitated.

Was I okay?

Of course I was! I'm Finney! I'm always okay.

"I'm perfectly fine."

She scoffed and crossed her arms. "Finney. That's complete and utter bullshit! I'm worried about you." Her voice was shaky, and she was on the verge of tears.

I sighed and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry." I put my chin on her shoulder as she wrapped her hands around my waist.

"You don't need to apologize, you idiot..." She mumbled.

I chuckled slightly and pulled away. "You're like my mom." I joked.

Donna hit my arm. "Shut up!" I laughed as I walked to the front of the cafe.

"Hi Finney! There's a new order." Oliver shouted to me while blending up a drink.

"Alright." I responded while looking at the screen of orders.

-

I walk into the apartment and take off my shoes.

"I'm-...." I stop myself.

Idiot. She's not home right now. She's at Aunt Marie's house.

I sigh while sliding down the wall.

I felt a tear run down my cheek as I hiccup.

Damn it. Why am I crying? She's not leaving forever.

My vision becomes blurred by the tears as I push myself off the wall and stumble into the kitchen.

I open one cabinet after the other.