◇|Chapter eleven|◇

Finney's pov

-

I wipe my hands on my apron and pull the rubber band out of my hair.

"Alright, I'm going on break, Donna!"
I shouted to Donna, and she gave a hum in agreement.

I untied the back of my apron and hung it up on the hook in my locker before I grabbed a snack and went to the front booths.

I spot a mess of blonde curls and immediately recognize them. 'Isn't that Vance?' I tilted my head slightly confused and decided to ask.

I walked over and tapped his shoulder. He quickly whipped his head around with an annoyed expression, but it almost instantly faded when he saw me.

"Hey Vance, are you waiting for Griffin?" I tilted my head.

"Yeah. He needed a ride home, and no one else was available, so I have to pick him up." He rolled his eyes.

I chuckled. "He'll be done in ten or so minutes. Do you want me to keep you company? I'm on break for the next fifteen minutes anyway."

Vance nodded. "Yeah, sure."

I hummed and slid into the seat in front of him.

-

Griffin's pov

I walked out to the front after I finished gathering my stuff, and I saw Vance and Finney talking. 'Odd...'

"Hey V!" I smiled and walked over.

"Hey, Griff." He grunted and ruffled my hair.

My face flushed a little. "What were you guys talking about?"

Finney shrugged. "Nothing much. I was on break and decided to keep Vance company whilst he waited for you to get off."

"Oh, okay! Well, I'm all done!" I smiled.

"Just in time! My break just ended. I'll catch you later, Griff. I'll be working till eight, so try not to blow up my phone." Finney teased.

I nodded timidly.

Finney ruffled my hair before leaving, and my face turned pink.

Vance snorted. "You're stupid."

I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms. "Rude!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes and put his arm over my shoulder.

Vance went quiet for a bit. I looked at him, and he had a hesitant look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I tilted my head slightly.

He sucked air through his teeth. "Finney said something about working 'till eight. Do you know why he works so much?"

I stayed quiet for a bit and contemplated whether I should tell him.

"Well..." I began. "He doesn't want his sister to help pay the bills because he doesn't want her to spend money on that type of stuff. He wants her to spend her money however she wants."

Vance raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

I sighed. "That's for me to know and for you to ask him."

Vance groaned and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

-

Finney's pov

I closed the door behind me after my shift.

"I'm home!" I shouted and soon heard Gwen's footsteps.

"Finney!" She jumped onto me and slid her hands around my waist.