◇|Chapter five|◇

Finney's pov

-

I sigh as I unlock the door. I slip off my shoes and call out. "I'm home!"

I heard Gwen's footsteps rushing over to me.

I couldn't see her well since it was dark, but her silhouette looked like she was holding something. "Heyyyyyyyy Finnnnnn...."

Her voice was nervous, and I raised an eyebrow. "What'd you do."

She gave an awkward chuckle. "Nothing!!!" I crossed my arms.

She sighed and looked down. "I may or may not, possibly, maybe, accidentally, might have...got a puppy." She trailed off.

"What." I stood up straight, and she looked away.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Gwen. We can't take care of a puppy."

She furrowed her brows. "I can pay for its stuff!" I raised my eyebrows. "With what money."

She huffed. "I can get a job."

I sighed. "Fine. But only because it's for your puppy. You aren't helping with the bills."

She giggled and gave me a side hug since her other arm was holding the dog.

"Her name is Eclipse! She's so cute!!" Gwen bounced around.

I chuckled. "Now go to bed. It's late."

Gwen nodded and rushed to her room.

'You know... I do these things to myself.' I thought and opened my bedroom door to be met with a lonely aura.

I turned on the lights and went into my bathroom.

I got ready for bed, but then looked at my wrist and huffed. 'They're fading. Why are they fading. I don't want them to fade.' I frowned and locked the bathroom door.

'Just one more time, then I won't do it again.' I tried to convince myself as I took out my small blade.

I slowly dragged the blade across my wrist and watched in satisfaction as the blood seeped out and slowly dripped onto the cold tile.

I sighed in relief but couldn't help to make a few more cuts.

Blood was slowly dripping down my arm, and I softly smiled.

I thought for a few seconds and hummed. "A few more won't hurt." I mumbled and pressed the blade against my skin, watching another couple cuts form.

I put the blade down and turned on the sink.

I put my wrist under the cold, icy water and watched as it turned red.

After a few minutes, the water began to run clear, and the bleeding stopped.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. 'I shouldn't have done that.' I huffed and wrapped my arm in some bandages that I had lying around.

I leaned against the sink, and tears started to well up in my eyes.

I grumbled and wiped them away before standing up and walking to my bedroom.

I flopped down on my bed and closed my eyes, slightly annoyed.

"God damit, I was six months clean." I muttered and rubbed my eyes with the heels of my palms.

I exhaled a long breath and turned to my bedside table.

I opened the drawer and took out my insomnia meds. "Let's hope they work today." I muttered and popped one in my mouth.

After twenty or so minutes, my eyelids began to feel heavy, and my consciousness slowly started to slip. 'Good,' I thought, and drifted off to sleep.