Chapter 1 (Edited)

Author's POV

Year of 2036

The city of Paris has changed over the course of time.  As the sun is brightly shined on a museum. A man was waiting for his final group of kids. Last tour of the day. I wonder why nobody wants them. As he shields himself out of fear as the bus abruptly came to a stop. A group of kids peeked their heads from the windows. A boy pulled out his straw and throw at spitball at the center of the guide's head. Ugh. He felt disgusted. As he was in shock the young boy. Bullseye.  All the other kids laughed and exited the bus. Two girls exited the bus, and three boys as well followed them. Youngest out of them all the little girl only 7. Sasha waved at the guide. Hi super old guy. She knew what her mother and father had told her, but her father was mischievous. Everyone knew where she got her looks from and some of her personality. She had gotten her father's eyes and hair and mischievous personality, but she also had a little of her mother's look and most of her personality. Her mothers were kind and willing to help others and give them good laughs. As all the kids were completely out of the bus the second oldest boy complained. A museum, again. The guide was shivering in fear. He soon realized his mistake of choosing this group. But he soon turned when he heard heels clicking on the concert descending the steps. It's okay Thomas, I'll take them. He didn't know why she would take them, but the lady looks at the kids. She glanced at them all, while the male tour guide was asking if she was sure, but her eyes landed on the young blond-haired girl. Her eye was shocked but soon changed. But she looked at the male beside her and reassured him. Don't you worry I can handle them. As she patted the male's back. You go take your break.  As soon as she said it, he thanked her and ran off. Sanjay pulled his straw and throw spitballs at her. She caught them all. The kids were shocked. Follow me kids. As the kids began to follow her, they noticed she was going to the right of the museum and not the entrance. Hey lady the museum is this way. As she looked at them, she decided to tell them something. Yes, it is, but you're not like the other kids. Oh no no no no, you need to see something special. As she looked at them. The little girl was excited, they followed but were shocked where she pointed at. Right through that door. The kids didn't know whether she was seeing things or not. The 11-year-old girl named Jane pointed it out. Your seeing things lady. The young women had a glint of excitement. Am I or are you not seeing things. As she back up and there were some parts of her that were hidden behind the wall. The kids were amazed. Woah.  As she felt joy, she told them to follow her. The kids began their journey and followed the lady. No one would have seen where the kids went but if you turned and looked at it from a different perspective you would see it shaped as a skull. As they continued through the hall the young guide decided to speak.  Now today is November 2nd, can anyone tell me why it's important? As she asked the kids the youngest out of them decided to answer. Taco Tuesday! The young girl always remembers her father saying he loved Tuesday's because that was the day they could have tacos, but her mother and older brother would tell her it was more special than that. The kids all around her began to giggle at the young girl. As the guide looked down at the girl with adoration, she told her no. The oldest girl out of the two decided to answer. Gord yourself with Halloween candy day. As the boy behind her spit out candy from his mouth. Nope today is the Day of the Dead. The kids never heard of that day or what it meant, but the youngest remembered her mother and brother speaking very little about it. She remembered her mother say that was a tradition her mother celebrated when she was younger. The young girl was brought back to the conversation when the oldest boy decides to speak. Is it like national zombie day or something. They all giggled. As a old guard pop up at of nowhere scaring the children half to death (You see what I did there 😂). You can't go this way. You will get us both in trouble. The rules of the umm museum, the administration. He began speaking but the young lady walked towards him and caressed his face. Well, I suppose I can turn a blind eye. Dear. She kissed his head and began walking with the kids. But as always, the youngest stayed and watched the man with curiosity. She seen how her mother and father are towards each other. She seen the same way the man's eyes gleamed with love in his eyes. As the guard was slowly coming back from his daze he turned and seem the girl staring and scared the poor thing. As she ran to the group. As they finally made it to their destination the guide was ready to show the kids what Day of the Dead truly means. Behold children, the glorious, the beautiful, of Mexico. As the lights began to come on row at a time. The room was filled with beautiful decorations and food and statues. As they began following the young guide the kids admire what was in front of them. This place is loco. The oldest girl said. The youngest girl saw steps leading to a book with a giant painting on the wall. As everyone began to follow the young girl. Woah, what is this book.