Chapter 8

Author's POV

Gather my men. We ride for San Angel. You've come back to me, medals.

Back to Luka and Jasmine

I got this one to saving some orphans from a fire. And then going back in for their cribs, and then going back in for their toys. [arriving to Jasmine's house] And I also saved a little pup one time that had a little thorn in its paw. [Jasmine is blowing out air. Tired of hearing him talk about himself] And this medal is for having the most medals, well other than Joaquin of course. 

Well, here we are. Thank you for this most informative talk about... You. 

I have something for you Jasmine. 

That's so nice of you [grabs the paper and looks at it to see luka and it signed] WOW. [looks at him] Am speechless. 

I know [looks up at the sky] Right? I get that a lot. [Bends down for Jasmine to kiss his cheek]

[Laughs] Good night, Luka. [Begins to walks towards the door]

Wait. Jasmine. [pulls his hat down]

Yes?

Umm [pulls out Jasmine's bonnet.]

My bonnet. Aww, you kept it all this time?

Well, it's what's kept me going. About my proposal. Will you at least just think about it?  

As Luka waited for Jasmine's answer, she thought about it. She never really got to know Luka like that so maybe it was best to give him a chance. So, she nodded with a smile. Good night, Luka. Then she shut the door and went to her room. But Luka and someone else were still out. 

Yes, yes, yes, yes! Luka, you're awesome!

Yes!

As Jasmine was in her room with Midnight beside her, she was looking at old photos of them when they were younger. She was laughing at the fond memories. Something hit her balcony door and midnight began to hiss. As she walks towards the doors. She opens the doors and sees Adrien on the light post. 

Meet me at the bridge at dawn. 

As Jasmine and Midnight were looking at Adrien.

I can't Adrien. My father and Maria, won't 

Please, Jasmine. I beg you. 

As Jasmine begins to think and looks at midnight, she nodes her head telling her owner to go. So, Jasmine agrees to this. As Adrien comes off of the light poll he runs to go set up. What he didn't know was someone was watching the whole thing in the shadows. 

If she meets him alone. I will lose the wager. [hits his staff on the ground] Fix this for me old, friend. [releases it and watches it go]

As time got closer for Jasmine to meet Adrien. She ran to the spot Adrien had told her to go to. When Jasmine made it to the spot, she was shocked. It was beautiful. The bridge was lit up with candles guiding her to the tree where Adrien was. Manolo was there as well, he wanted to help his friend out. He helped him get his true love for him already now it was his turn to help. Maria was here too. Adrien needed help and who better to ask than the person who lived with you your whole life. Maria was in the tree signaling to them that Jasmine was making her way to them and Manolo began to play the guitar behind the tree so Jasmine wouldn't see him. As Maria got down from the tree, she looked at Manolo with love in her eyes and hoped that her sister too would get the love she deserved.