Chapter 2

I sit on the cushioned chair, lost in thought, getting ready for tonight. My phone constantly buzzing and turning on and off. I return to reality and open up the group chat messages.

Local Street Children

Jisung- Can't I got finals to study for. Maybe another day?

Jeongin- I could try to make it. Hope you guys have fun tho

Chan- Good luck on ur tests. Study hard!

Changbin- 7:00 pm At Luna's bar. I Just picked up Minho from the airport. See you guys there

  Everyone seemed to be pretty exited to finally hang out as a group again. I on the other hand was more nervous and anxious than anything. I shake off the feeling and continue getting ready. I settle for a white turtle neck fuzzy sweater and a pair of black jeans, with black ankle boots. I grab all I need my wallet, my phone, and my beige over coat. Checking the hall for any signs of Daniel I hurry over to the front door. "Are you going out Miss?" Luara, one of the house keepers notices me trying to leave. "Ah yes, I'll be back a little late, have a good night." She smiles and nods watching me open the door and close it behind me. I get into my car and drive off to the bar.

  I enter the building and make my way to the loudest table in here. Everyone was enjoying the conversation taking a few drinks here and there. "Y/n, Glad you could make it." Yeji stood up and gave me a tight hug. I wave at everyone and take my seat. Soon a waitress comes buy and takes my order. "I'll get a Mojito extra lime please." The waitress nods and walks off to fix up my drink. "It's been a while since we have all seen each other, how have you been?" Hyunjin grabs everyone's attention and now all eyes are on me. "Ah I've been better. But I guess I can't really complain." Chan, being the first to speak up is quick to question me on the subject. "Heard about your engagement. How is that going?" Him and everyone else give me a intrigued look and wait for my response. "Can't say I'm to thrilled. It's just something my parents forced on me you guys know the drill."

  Everyone nods, reaching for their drinks to take a sip. Soon after everyone's attention shifts from me to two figures making their way to our table. Everyone stands up to greet them. Once I turn I see Changbin step out of the small crowd to greet everyone else, followed my Minho. I pause. Standing still just staring at the brunette as he makes his way towards me. "Y/n, it's been a while." Minho flashes me a gentle smile and reaches out to grab my hand. "It... has. How have you been?" We greet each other, my cheeks rosie from the sight of him dressed in dark blue denim jeans ripped at the knees, a plain black button up and a black leather jacket. He smiles and fixes some strands of hair on the back of his head. "I've been keeping up. Congrats on your engagement." His smile fades into a sad expression as he makes his way to his seat at the table next to me. I look down and turn back to take my seat.

After a few rounds of shots and loud conversing, our group calls it a night. One by one, cars start leaving and we all say our goodbyes to each other and plan out a future meet up. "Watch out for the group chat, we should all get together again this weekend." Changbin waves goodbye as he gets into his car and drives away. The only ones left are me, and Minho. "It was great seeing you Y/n. Get home safe." He begins to walk off but I reach out and grab his hand before he leaves. " Hey wait. About.." He turns around and faces me cutting me off. "Your engagement? Social media is a celebrities' greatest enemy. Didn't think your type would be rich and arrogant." I look down and shift a bit in my spot. "You know it wasn't my choice." He moves closer to me and buttons up my coat. "Get some rest Y/n. We can talk another day." His gaze on mine sends shivers down my spine. I see him off as he walks over to his motorcycle, putting on his helmet and turning on the bike. A loud motor sound echo's through the empty street and soon fades the further he drives away. Fighting tears, I walk back to my car and I too, make my way back to that house.