Chapter 11

It's late in the afternoon, Laura walks into the room again holding a couple small boxes. "Mr. Daniel sent these so you can look at. Please let him know what changes should be made." I roll my eyes and point at the table for her to set them down. "Just leave them there." I sit up, watching her gently place the boxes on the coffee table. "Laura. Could I please leave this room? It's getting really boring in here." Laura shakes her head, giving me a pitiful look. "I'm sorry Miss. I was told to keep you here until Friday." I throw my head back in defeat, sitting down on the sofa. "Then can you bring me a whole bottle of wine and some strawberries." She nods, walking out the door and closing it behind her.

  I sigh looking around the room. I decide to get up to stretch a bit. While walking around a hear faint muffled noises coming from outside my door. I lean closer to the wall trying to make them out. "What is going on out there?" Minutes after Laura comes back in with the bottle I requested and a glass. "Is there anything else?" I look at her still focusing on the sounds I hear. "No. That's it. Hey is Daniel home?" Laura shakes her head. "No ma'am he stepped out for a couple hours. I'm afraid he won't be back till early morning." She says looking down and steps out the door, closing it behind her.

  "Honestly what is that noise." I keep searching then decide to pick at the lock to get the door open. Fortunately, Laura didn't lock the door on her way out so I quickly step outside. Peaking through the crack of the door to make sure no body is waiting for me. I make my way towards the noise, discovering its coming from the basement. I take a look around making sure nobody is around and reach over to turn the door handle. "Damn. It's locked." I take the makeshift lock pick I made and open the door immediately. I take a deep breath before entering, scared at what I might find. "Hello?" The sound of a chair screeching on the floor echoes through the empty room. There are light sounds of struggling. Making it to the bottom of the stairs, my blood runs cold and my breath is taken away from me. Panic rushes through me as I catch the sight of Minho, all bruised up and tied to a chair. "Minho!" I run to him, quickly taking off the blindfold around his eyes and gently removing the fabric that tied around his neck to cover his mouth. "Oh my gosh. Who did this to you."

  He weakly looks at me and smiles. "You'll never guess." He coughs turning his face away from me, spitting out blood. "This was what I was afraid of. Oh god, they hurt you because of me." Tears run down my cheeks as I try my best to free him from his restraints. "I'd take another beating to save you." I get up from the ground and pull him into a tight hug. "Let's get you out of here." I wrap his arm around my shoulder and act as his support, making our way up the stairs. "I can walk myself. Don't stress about it." I shake my head and continue to lead him out, all the way back to my room. I close the door before helping him take a seat on the bed. "Let me get the first aid kit. Stay here." I rush to the bathroom and come back with a box that has all I need. I soak a cotton swab in alcohol and gently rub some of the blood running down his neck. "I can't believe you would do this. Why don't you ever listen to me."

  He laughs, carefully interlocking his fingers into my hair pulling me in for a kiss. "You're even more cute when your angry." I blush at his words, noticing how calm he is. "If I wasn't so beat up right now, I'd get you out of this place." I place a couple gauze pads on his collar securing them with some medical tape. "Please don't do something like this again. You had me thinking you were dead." Tears run down my face again. Minho cups my face in his hands kissing both sides of my face. "Don't cry, see, I'm ok." I look down. "You need to get out of here. If he didn't kill you then, he will hurt you even more later." I reach over to grab my phone and call the front. "Get me Laura please." The lady on the other side lets me know that she isn't available. "Get me Laura please I need to speak to her." After a bit Laura comes to the phone. "Yes ma'am what can I help you with?" She says. "Laura, I need you to get one of the car keys from the drawer. Pick a car for me." She laughs nervously taking the hint to talk in code.

"Which flavor soda should I bring you ma'am?" I pace around thinking of a plan. "A fast car I need someone to get out of here fast. Don't worry. The keys are not for me." I hear the the fridge door open and close. "Alight then. I'll bring it up to you in a bit."

"Thank you so much Laura."

After a while the door opens revealing Laura. "Shall I get Nathaniel to bring around the Porsche for you?" I shake my head taking the keys from her. She noticed Minho, gasping and how bruised he looks. "Oh my goodness, what happened. Oh no Miss Y/n. Mr. Daniel is not going to be to happy about this." She checks up on Minho, verifying to herself that he's ok. "I know. Before Daniel comes back help me take him to the car." Laura hesitates, but lets herself be convinced. Soon enough we make our way out the house and to the garage. "I will go catch the gate keepers attention. Good luck sir." Laura runs back inside, leaving us two alone. "Come with me Y/n." Minho looks at me with pleading eyes. I smile at him reaching over to place the keys in his hand. "I really wish I could. I can't run away right now. But I promise you that I will figure something out." Minho pulls me into a hug, refusing to let go when I back away. "Please take care ok?" I smile, pushing him gently towards the drivers side of the car. "Drive safe. I love you." Before getting into the car, he plants a soft kiss on my lips, then takes off as he spots the gate open.

  I quickly make my way back to my room. "Miss, Y/n." I turn to look at Laura, who is standing shyly at the doorway. "What are you going to do now?" Laura asks, voice laced with worry. I smile and take a seat on the sofa. "I'm going to get married, what else can I do?" A tear rolls down my check, realizing that I will be selling my freedom tomorrow afternoon.