Nine Centuries Ago

Enjoy!!!!! I love you all so much!!!

(Y/N POV)

Just a few more minutes, I tell myself. Just a few more minutes until I am out of this dreaded class. I try to sit patiently as my eyes scan the room around me, pretty girls in fine clothings scattered across in stiff postures. All of them sat at the same dark oak lining table, matching the dark oak chairs.

Mrs. Uxbridge points out with the pine wooded staff at the board, writing down our next lesson for tomorrow. The 'does' and 'don'ts' of having a future husband added at the top of the list. The old scroll of paper scratched underneath my feather pen, which was dipped in ink. My foot patted against the floor impatiently for us to be excused, having more than enough for the day.

"Now, remember ladies, the husband comes first. Only speak when spoken to, or remain quiet." Of course that would be valuable knowledge for a ten year old. Yes, I understand we are fit to marry at perhaps, fourteen or thirteen, but ten? No, thank you. 

All I really wanted to do was get out of this boring classroom, and figure out my magic a little more. I'm sure miss Morgana would help me with it. "Alright ladies, you are dismissed." I might as well have jumped out of my seat, grabbing my scroll of paper, and taking my books. "All except you, Miss L/N." Oh, sod it. 

The room ruffled full of giggles, knowing most probably why. Being the odd one who likes to waste her time prancing in the woods, and talking to boys rather than girls has, to say the least, 'carnaged' my image. As if I had cared, of course, but King Arthur had. He was a noble king, in exception of his brutal way towards magic, but everything I stand for reflects off at him. Why? Because I live in the royal castle. 

His sister, Morgana Le Fay, found me in the woods as a baby, and rescued me back to the castle. Of course it had raised a few eyebrows at possessing the same magic that she had, but no one dared ask. The giggling and whispering continued as I walked up to mrs. Uxbridge, tempted to roll my eyes, and speak out, but kept my mouth shut. 

The room emptied as I stepped the last step towards mrs. Uxbridge, much to my relief. "Yes, Mrs. Uxbridge?" I try to fake my sweet voice, which was of little use. Anyone with eyes could see my clear distaste for her, and hers for me. "I will get straight to the point Miss L/N, you have failed your test." While I would usually say that I was so sorry, and that I would try better next time with a class that actually mattered, all I did was blink, and say. "Oh, a shame." Mrs. Uxbridge scoffed, clearly irritated. "You can't stay young forever Miss L/N. Eventually, you will have to grow up." 

I hum, nodding as I look down, before directing my attention towards her again. "While that sounds like a lot of enjoyment, mrs. Uxbridge, I prefer to be as of whom I am now, if you don't mind. And besides, you did say eventually, so that can wait a few more years. Good day mrs. Uxbridge!" 

I yell out, having made my way from the front of the room, to the corridor, from where I started bolting away, laughing as I hear her shout. "Miss L/N! Come back at once!" I only laugh in response. A lot of people, mainly young ladies, shrugged out of the way for me in surprise and outrage as I pushed past them, laughing in joy of moving freely finally.

I push through endless corridors, running down the stairs, and pushing through the gate to get to the main chambers of my home. Running into my chamber, I let out another chuckle, before rushing to the foot of my bed, opening the chest, and retrieving my satchel after having put down my books and scroll. 

Slinging the satchel over my shoulder once more, I run out of my corridor, having discarded all jewelry along the way, and into my satchel.

 As I messed around with my magic, still laughing with a smile, I hadn't looked where I was going. I let out a loud grunt as I bumped into something, landing on the cold stone floor on my behind. Pain sprouted through me as I open my mouth, ready to yell at the one thing that had knocked me over. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" A voice called out before. "What? I should look out where I'm going? You are at fault!" I blink in surprise as I see a slightly scrawny boy in front of me.