A Gifting Compromise

Enjoy!

(Y/N POV)

I smile, looking down at the picture of me and Doux. Lord that seems like centuries ago, oh, wait, it was. I grab my pencil again, sharpening it well, before continuing my work. My delicate strokes along the paper made sure to add concentrated detail to the picture I was hoping to sketch out.

It was my wedding present to Douxie, considering that our wedding day was coming closer. Even though we already had the picture, I wanted to sketch us out on a large canvas, and then paint it to turn it into a masterpiece. Douxie told me multiple times that I didn't have to, but guess what? I am NOT good at listening. Besides, he was going to shower me with gifts, so how is that fair?

The argument went a little like how it usually goes between us. 

(Five days ago)

"Y/N!!!!!"  Oh, god. "Douxie!!!!!!" I yell back mockingly, watching as my, now, Fiancé rushed into the room, seeing my concentrating eyes on hanging up the painting of him, me, Morgana and Merlin. I turn to him, a huge smile on my face just by hearing his voice. 

Confusion comes over my senses as I see him nowhere around the room. "Doux?" I call out, putting the painting on the nail, and putting the hammer down. I look around one more time, sighing irritatedly. Not again. "Douxie, I have no time for another one of your pranks- ah!" 

I practically screech as I feel my legs being swept up from underneath me, letting out a scream, before falling into a familiar warmth. My arms instinctively wrapping around his neck, as I slowly open my eyes. Hearing him chuckle loudly, I let out a huff, swatting his arm. "Douxie! That was not funny!" "Oh, but it was." He grinned down at me, readjusting me so that I was closer to his face. 

I roll my eyes, huffing again. "Fine, no kisses for you tonight." His face literally paled over, and his smirk dropped. He reminded me of a puppy, and now, I was the one to smirk. "Okay, fine, I'm sorry. There. Now, can I get a kiss?" I just give him a blank face, before saying blandly. "If that's your way of apologizing, then no!" 

Getting out of his arms was more difficult then you might think, because I squirmed to try to get down, but no use. You may not see it, but Douxie is horrifyingly strong because of his magic. Yeah, well, I'm the goddess of the universe, so ha! He returned his smirk, noticing my struggling. 

He undid all the hard work I did, and pulled me closer again, before spreading his pouty lip, and saying. "Please? Pretty, pretty please? I'm sorry, okay? I just love how cute you are when you're in my arms." Pressing his forehead against mine, I tried my very hardest not to scream out an 'awe' because of how cute he looked. Only, I have one problem, I have pride. I let out a groan, before smiling up at him. "Fine, I suppose you're forgiven." 

His grin was back, and he leaned in for a short, perfect kiss. Smiling into it, I place my hand on his cheek, caressing it as I feel his lips moulded perfectly into mine, both of them moving in perfect sync. Actually, I take it back, this isn't a short kiss. 

Short for Douxie and me was 5-7 seconds. Long, was an hour. And if I don't stop now, I know how this will end. I could already feel Doux getting just a bit too excited already. I stop with a pop, both of us slightly breathless, as Douxie looks at me with lidded, wide eyes, glazed over in lust already. "And we're stopping there for now." Patting his cheek, before taking the advantage, and moving out of his arms. 

I could hear him grumble behind me as I move up the ladder again, and rearrange the painting once more. "Hey, I actually came here to ask you what you want as a wedding gift from me?" I stop rearranging the minute I hear his words registering through my head, blinking at the painting dumbfounded. "Oh, well, I never thought about that actually."