Chapter Five: Starting on the Painting

First Pov:

 I was still wrapping my head around the fact that I am now his personal assistant after 8½ weeks. This is getting a bit weird. Like, wattpad weird. I was to finish out the day with my old position, but tomorrow would be my first day as his personal assistant. I barely did any work as I was texting my friends.

Me: I'm Johnny's personal assistant as of tomorrow!!

Kim: You're kidding!!

Me: I'm not, he asked me personally...

Livvy: You need puppet master to help you two get together?

Saniyah: Yeah, we'll threaten him to be with you.

I looked around making sure nobody could see that I was flustered.

Me: No! I just needed to tell someone so my heart would flutter a little less.

A'zyon: Invite me to the wedding bestie.

Me: smh...

"Robyn, is it true," one of my coworkers asked. "Are you going to be Mr. Depp's assistant?" I nodded. "That's cool. And only in the matter of weeks." That's weird, not cool. I felt someone put their arms around my waist. "You wanna go ahead and start on the painting today," I heard a deep voice ask me.

"You have gotten mighty comfortable with me Mr. Depp," I said as I fought off my blush. "Well, I would like to be friends with people who are supposed to be in my house. Unless, you have a problem with that Sunshine." I looked up at him. "Really? That's the name you chose?" he sighed like there was some pathological meaning behind it. "It shows your beauty in the morning," he said not being able to contain his laughter. I frowned and started laughing too.

"Are yall dating," she asked. I turned red at the thought. "I could never have this goddess. She's too wild and unpredictable to be captured by such a simpleton." My ears turned red because I wasn't used to being complimented. Especially not from someone so gorgeous. "Maybe if you tried to catch me, you'd succeed," I said matching his energy. He smirked. "Is that a promise?" I couldn't form words. "I win."

 He bothered me the rest of my shift. At one point, I asked "Don't you have something to practice," in which he responded, "Yeah, how I'm gonna pose for the painting."

Me: He is driving me out if my mind.

Kim: What?

Me: He won't leave me alone.

"I'm not that bad," he said from over my shoulder. "To you. Do you know how hard it is to focus with those beautiful brown eyes piercing through me? I'll tell you, Extremely!"

 "You are just too cute." I couldn't say anything. Once I was off, we went back to the art store to get the canvas. This time, he was by my side the entire time. When someone spoke to me, he would glare at them. "What, you jealous or something?"

 He leaned down.

First Pov (Johnny):

 I was about to whisper that I'm just on edge from yesterday, but the second I was about to say something, she laughed. "Sorry, but people whispering in my ear makes me laugh." I tried again and she started giggling. Third time, I pinched her arm making her face scrunch up, so I could finally tell her. "I'm alive. Just focus on that."

 We got it and I drove to my place. "Whoa. You live here?" I nodded and smiled at how cute she was as she looked around. "Take your time, I'm in no rush, but tell me when you're ready." She nodded and sat down on the couch. She got up and started setting up her supplies. "Alright, I'm ready," she said. "Y'know I can redraw it of that's all you want."

 "It should be different. Describe how you see me with it." She raised her eyebrows. "Smart words Mr. Depp," she said starting to position me how she needed. "Call me Johnny. I'd feel more comfortable."

 "Just like you call me Robyn." I watched as she made her way back to the canvas. "I think I prefer Sunshine." She scoffed and put on our album, "Rise," and picked up a pencil. She hummed along with the songs as she drew. Looking up frequently and taking angles. "Is this for show or for the painting," I laughed. "I'm deciding which way the light should shine on you. Both sides of your face are so perfect I can't make a decision." Just kiss me already. She put the pencil down and admired her work. "Finally finished the sketch! Tomorrow, I'll try and get it outlined and then comes the hard part." I went over and looked at it and smiled. Something about it was different, but I wasn't sure what it was.

  "Do you like it so far," she asked timidly. "Love it, Sunshine." She beamed in a way I had never seen before and I felt some strings in my heart begin to be tugged. "You mean it? This will be the best painting I have ever done! I swear it," she said with this sparkle in her eyes.

 She grabbed her phone, but her eyes widened. "Johnny, it is 11 at night."

 "Really? Doesn't feel like it. No worries, you can stay here for the night. You hungry?" She nodded and we went into the kitchen. "Hey," she said looking like she was about to be shy again, "I'll cook. To show my gratitude." I grinned and took a seat from the dinner table and sat down. "Go ahead."

 She started getting things out the fridge and found my seasoning cabinet. She looked at me disapprovingly. "I will not continue that painting until you upgrade this." I chuckled to myself. "Yes ma'am. Would you mind accompanying me?" she gave a dignified nod and went back to getting her ingredients. She pulled out a couple pots. "I'll do dishes," she said putting water in one. The other one she put vegetable oil. "You are still a guest. I'll do them. Plus, I might owe you it depending on how this taste."

 She sighed, put on her Playlist named "white gurl wasted," and pulled out chicken. "Speaking of which, you sure do know your way around my kitchen." She didn't stop what she was doing. "I used to go over and cook for my big brother after he had a surgery and couldn't take care of himself," she said going into my pantry looking for something. "You a caretaker or something?" She came out with a jar of Alfredo sauce and pasta. "I have a doctoral degree. I used to work in hospitals. It was my job at the time." She threw some salt into the pot with water in it and put a lid on it. "Before that, I was running a small business where I sold advice. Was pretty good at it too. Back when I had exceptional people skills. That was before..." she didn't finish the sentence, and I wasn't going to force her to, at least, not yet.

 At the moment, she had just finished seasonings the chicken and putting it the oil. "Don't worry, it's not hot enough to fry, just enough to crisp up the skin." I nodded. She was working on the chicken, washed her hands, and then put the pasta in. "No salmonella here," she laughed. I got up, bored with sitting down and just leaned on a counter she wasn't using. "This is fun. You wanna move in?" She laughed and started straining the pasta. She added the Alfredo sauce and checked on the chicken. She put it in with the pasta and started mixing. "Why'd you laugh," I asked getting off the counter and walking up to her.

 "Cuz the joke was funny," she said adding a bit of water to thin out the sauce. "I wasn't joking," I said. "I'm lonely, I wanna roommate." She smiled as she finally paused cooking and turned around to look at me. "Why would you, John, be lonely?" She put my hand on my face. "And," she added, "I might consider it IF we get to know each other better. Now, I gotta make sure I don't burn this food." She took it off the stove and grabbed 2 plates. Once she put the food on the plates, we sat down and ate. I took and bite and went to heaven and back. "Definitely worth the dishes," I said with my eyes closed.

She scoffed but also admitted to it being, and I quote, "pretty darn tasty." We ate and both got a second serving. There was still some left. "And leftovers? You spoil me," I said dramatically. "Okay, I'm gonna go sleep on the couch." On the couch? "If you sleep on the couch, I sleep on the couch." She patted the seat next to her. "Then join dear sir." I sat down and brought her close to me. "I'm just now realizing how tired I am," I said as my eyes began fluttering shut. We got comfortable ending with her on top of me while I was laying on my back. Her head just below mine and she was doing that thing where her right knee was at my above my hip. We were sleep in a matter of minutes. In the time it took, we just talked. I didn't want to go to sleep cuz she was so perfect I was scared I'd wake up from a dream.