Chapter Eight: Canceling the Trial

First Pov:

 Me: Guess who's living with their crush?? Lol...

Natalia: Already!? Yall move quick.

I was about to type when someone snatched the phone out my hands. "Texting on the job? How low." He started looking through the messages. "Why are you so against moving in when you are already in love with me?" I snatched my phone back. "Cuz I'm in love with the Johnny I see on TV, I wanna know the real you." He pulled me close enough to where our faces where an inch away from each other's. "Or you can kiss me right now," he said lowly. My ears were bright red and he slowly started pushing our faces closer and closer.

 We almost kissed, but Mr. Cooper walked in saying it was time to practice again. "Dammit Alice!" I was still too stunned to speak guessing that mood was ruined. "I'm kissing you before the day is over. Trust me," he finished as he walked out the door. Bro, what fairytale am I living because compliments to the chef!! I was writing down what he would need for makeup as he was supposed to be having a interview soon when he bust through the door and grabbed my wrist. He dragged me into the booth with them and I was still highly confused. "Sing with us."

First Pov (Johnny):

 She still looked mortified which still looked cute. "Wait, why am I singing with you all?" I grabbed her chin. "Because I told you to." Her ears had turned red again and I grinned. "Don't tell me you're enjoying this?" her eyes averted and she looked everywhere but at me. "Let's get this over with," she said quickly. Alice hugged her saying, "You are the fastest person to get in the booth with us." She got all shy again. Her and these mood swings.

[Singing]

You need cooling

Baby, I'm not fooling

Let me send you

Back to schooling

Way, way down inside

You need it

I'm gonna give you my love

Wanna whole lotta love

 As we sang, me and her kept looking at each other and she would grin. One time, she even winked at me. Once we finished the song, she was cheesing and grinning. "I love that song! This is a dream come true! I just sang with my favorite band of all time!" She was so excited she couldn't stop yelling. I grabbed both of her arms. "Sunshine?" her eyes landed on mine while still squealing. I started nodding slowly. "Are you okay?" she nodded frantically. "Okay, then calm down. It's not the last time." She stopped dead in her tracks. "IT'S NOT!?" Oh brother... For a second, I thought she was gonna pass out.

 She was finally drained and leaned against a wall. "I'm gonna be so embarrassed later," she said shaking her head. "Why," Joe asked giving her some water. She gulped half the bottle down before saying, "I try not to let too much of myself show because last time, it landed me in the hospital. So to seem shy and closed off, it's a defensive mechanism. So, when I let myself be me, I'm always scared someone is gonna take advantage of me again." She was no longer energetic, but remising over whoever hurt her. "Name." she looked up. "I'm sorry?" I sighed. "Name." she was trying to figure it out. "Who hurt you so bad? Who made you so closed off? You are too beautiful to feel as though you can't be who you are." She didn't hold my gaze but looked away trying to cry. She sniffled as she said, "Well, we're done for the day and off tomorrow. See you guys' Monday."

 She walked out and I followed. "You wanna talk about it?" She shook her head. "Fine. We don't have to talk about it right now. I just wanna help." She nodded and got in on the passenger side. "here's your keys." I took them and drove to my house. When we got out, she was still trying to get her emotions in check. Well... might cheer her up. She was waiting for me by the door and when I walked up, I was smiling. She returned it with a skeptical look.