Chapter Twelve: A Night Out

First Pov (Johnny):

"What is this place...?" She just looked back at me and smiled. "This was where I went when I needed some space, peace." There was this clearing in the small woods we had. It was so peaceful, and the sounds of nature filled your ears. "How did you find this place?"

 "After running away from my ex, I didn't have enough money to buy us somewhere to live because the school semester hadn't started yet. I lived in a little tent a little way down with my son..." I haven't known about this part of her life. "One day, I woke up and saw that he was gone, and I got scared, I started searching frantically, running out screaming his name. Then I came here, and he was just sitting, playing with a stray dog, who I now own."

 "I... never knew that about you. Wow..." she just smiled. "It's not a part of my life that I talk about often, but you're my boyfriend, so you should know." I nodded, but still couldn't believe she ever had to go through something like that. "Listen, I'm never gonna let you be put in that situation again, I promise." She just smiled at me; her eyes filled with joy.

she sat down near a tree, but she looked at it with joyful remorse. "Hey, John, come look at this." I walked over and looked at the tree, smiling at what I saw. It was her and her son, who I learned is Eli, names carved into the trunk. "We did this the last day we were here. I'll never forget it."

 "You wanna know something?" She looked up at me, kinda curious. "Every time I think I can't love you more, you prove me wrong." She smiled and got a bit flustered, but then just started to laugh. "You are such a romantic!"

First Pov:

 "Guilty as charged, Sunshine." This man... I swear I love him more every passing day. "Now, what do you wanna do," I asked, seeing him look around. He took my hand and pulled me close, our face mere inches away from each other's. "Now... I'm not known for dancing, but would you let me have this dance?" I couldn't stop smiling.

 "I would love to." And just like that, we began to dance, moving like one. At first, they were big, dramatic steps, both of us laughing as we looked at each other, sometimes stepping on each other's feet. Then, it was like we were barely moving, my head against his chest as we talked to each other in hushed tones. Everything about that moment with him felt perfect, I never wanted to move.

 "Hey Robyn..."

"Yeah John?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

 If we ever get married, this would definitely be a night I mention in my vows, the night I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. As we danced and talked, I could hear his heart beating faster. "Nervous...?" He nodded, which made me look up at him. "Why? It's just me. I'm no one to get nervous around."

 "You are the only person I get nervous around. You don't judge me, yet I feel the need to do right in your eyes. You love spreading kindness, but it just makes me want to make the world bow down to you. Every time I look at you, I know that you're the person I wanna be with. But then there's this part of me that's scared that I'll mess up and lose you. You've been through so much, but still find it in your heart to show love. I always wanna be worthy of your love. Always. I want to know everything about you, go through everything with you. All the twists and turns that come with life, I wanna be in the passenger seat right beside you. And I know that's a lot coming from us only dating 3 months, but I don't just mean as you boyfriend. I wanna be there as your comfort, as your friend, and hopefully, one day, your husband. If you don't leave me that is."

 "Y-you really have a way with words." I had to look away as I could feel myself tearing up. Something about him makes me so emotional. I don't like expressing myself, but he makes me feel like the wall I built around myself never existed. "Robyn, I love you. Truly love you. All the love you never got from previous relationships I'm going to give you. Even if we break up, you still won't get rid of me. I will always be there to protect you." He kissed me softly, but only for a second.

 "What did I do to deserve God sending me an angel like you?" I hugged him tightly and we completely stopped moving. He just held on to me, smiling. We stayed like that for a while until he started chuckling. I looked up to see him smirking down at me. "You didn't say it back." My brows furrowed as I tried to figure out what he meant, but when it came to me, I grinned. "I love you too John. Truly love you."

 He smiled widely before kissing me lovingly, holding on to me almost as though he was scared I would disappear. As we just stood there, kissing, my phone started going off like crazy. I tried to ignore it, but it was so loud. "Welp, that's one way to ruin a moment. He laughed, but I was upset, i wanted to just spend this time with him and him alone. When i checked my phone, it was my... son?

 Eli: Mom, I'm home? Where are you?

Eli: MOM!

Eli: WHERE ARE YOU?

Eli: WHO'S CIGARETTES ARE THESE IN THE CUPBOARD!?

Eli: I WAS GONE FOR 5 MONTHS! THE FUCK HAPPENED!?

Eli: Excuse my language.

 "Oh shit." He came up behind me and looked at my phone. "Eli? That's your son, right?" I nodded but my face was etched with panic. "I completely forgot he was coming home today!" He nodded and looked at me. "We need to head back?"

 I looked guilty as I nodded. "If you don't mind... I'm sorry. I really wanted this to be about me and you." He waved his hand in front of his face. "How about this Friday, we leave work early and we go somewhere nice for dinner. To celebrate since it's getting cut short today." I nodded and we headed back to the car, driving back to my house.

 As we were driving my son kept blowing up my phone. As we reached my neighborhood, I realized something I hadn't thought about until that moment: "My son's about to meet my boyfriend!"

 Hey, I'm sorry I haven't posted... anything. I've just been really busy and to be honest, life just hasn't been the easiest recently. I'll try and get back to writing and hopefully get into the habit of it. Stay gorgeous!