Chapter Thirteen: First Impressions

First Pov:

 "Ooooh Shit." John was just looking at me from the driver's seat kinda confused. "Why are you so worried? We were gonna have to meet at some point, it's just sooner than expected."

 "How do I say this...? I haven't been in a serious relationship since Peterson. He hasn't really gotten along with anybody I dated and that's been the reason that half my previous relationships ended. He  had a blank expression. "You didn't mention that part." I shrugged my shoulder timidly. "Must've slipped my mind..?" I saw him take a deep breath. "It's fine. I have nothing to hide."

 "yeah, keep that mindset." We pulled into the driveway and we both got out. Bad idea. My son was waiting on the front porch with the pack of cigarettes beside him. He looked at me. "Mom, what the fuck is going on!? Why are there cigarettes in the house!?" John nervously raised his hand. "Those would be mine. She put the in the cupboard because she didn't want me to bring them with us today." Eli looked him up and down. "Johnny... Depp? As in your boss?" I nodded. "See, I was gonna tell you when I was ready..." I didn't even see any point in lying. I was scared to tell him. "Why wouldn't you tell me? You always tell me this type of stuff!"

 "Because you overreact and think that I'm gonna change my life according to you!" He went quiet and tossed the pack of cigarettes to john before going in the house. "Fine. I guess my opinion doesn't matter now." I sighed and took a deep breath. "Did I mess up," I heard John asked as he hugged me from behind. "No, but I did. I shouldn't have yelled at him like that."

  "But you didn't say anything that wasn't true. Your deliverance could've been better though. " I chuckled as he kissed my cheek. "You going home, or are you staying here?"

 "Do you want me to go home?" I shook my head. "Then I'll stay, but won't your son feel some kind of way?" I sighed. "He's only gonna be here for a week before he goes off to school again. I'm not gonna change the way things have been going between us for someone who's hardly around." He came into the house with me and we both went to sleep in my room. 

First Pov (Johnny):

 I was sleeping with Robyn in my arms when I heard some noise from downstairs. I looked down and she was still knocked out. "So cute," I whispered as I kissed her forehead before sliding out of bed quietly. It was Eli making the noise and he looked like he'd been crying. "Sup." He turned to look at me, obviously not the happiest to see me. "What do you want? Here to brag that me mom chose you over her own son, or is it to talk about how you've been screwing her? Which one is it?"

 "Man, she was not kidding when she said you had some baggage. I'm just here to check if you're okay... I know it's just been you and your mom." He glared at me. "Like you care. What, you guys have been dating for a couple weeks?"

"Three months as of today."

 "Three months...? And she really didn't tell me?" I sighed. "I mean... you kinda proved her point tonight. Look at how you reacted. She barely got to speak before you lost your cool. That's why she didn't tell you."

 "But that bitch should've-" I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him closer aggressively, my anger clear. "Don't you ever call you mother out her name again. She has done nothing but sacrifice for you and here you are being an ungrateful bastard. You ever say something like that again and I will beat you myself, you got that?" He nodded frantically. "Now go to bed. Your mother's taking you for breakfast tomorrow morning." He started heading upstairs, but stopped. "Will you... will you be coming too?"

 "Yeah, you got a problem with that?" He shook his head and went to his room. Since I was already down there, I got a glass of water and put it on the night stand on Robyn's side because I know her throat gets dry when she sleeps sometimes. As I got in bed beside her again, She looked up at me with those beautiful dark brown eyes. "Thank you..." I kissed her forehead and held her tight as she fell asleep in my arms again. 

[Next Morning] 

First Pov:

 I woke up really parched. I was about to head downstairs when I saw a glass of water on my nightstand. I know for a fact I didn't out it there and I looked over at John and smiled, cuz bro really just save my life. "Babe, get up." He threw a pillow at me like he was trying to silence and alarm. I yanked the cover down and smacked his butt. Get up! We gotta get ready for breakfast." He turned over to look at me. " Maybe I should let you and your son have this one." He tried pulling the cover back over his face.

 "Nope! You're not getting out of this one!" I grabbed his hand and yanked him up. "C'mon!" He reluctantly got up, but glared at me. "You better be lucky I love you." I grinned and went to put on something cute. I found a nice simple pantsuit. It was off the shoulder and was blue with white lilies. He was nearly done getting dressed, but stopped to look at her. "You woke me up this morning..." I groaned. Loudly. "Are you still on that crap?" He nodded. "Whatever." I grabbed his hand and saw that Eli was downstairs waiting for us.

 "Took you guys long enough." I sighed and started walking down, but Johnny pulled me back. "If he starts being ruse, I'll handle it. I have no problem with that."  I nodded and we both headed down and got in the car, going to my fav restaurant (be creative.) When we got into the restaurant, me and John sat by each other and Eli sat in front of me. We talked and I caught up with my son and told him more and my relationship, but then he was just staring at John.

 "You have kids or your own, right?" The question shocked both  of us, but he nodded and looked at me before looking at him again.

First Pov (Johnny):

 "Yeah, I do. What about it?" He stopped and looked down at his pancakes before looking back at me. "Would you consider yourself a good dad? Y'know, being there for them and being a strong hand when they needed it?" I nodded. "Always have been, and will be 'til the day I die."

 "... Is there something they did to deserve love?" I wasn't eve sure how to respond and when I looked over at Robyn she seemed shocked, but also hopeful. "They're my children, why wouldn't I love them. Being able to see them grow up and knowing that they could come to me made me feel like I did the right thing raising. They're older than you, but they are still my world."

 "Is my mom a part of that world?" I nodded. He looked like he wanted to say something else, but instead kept quiet and started eating again. When we finished, we went to Build-A-Bear, which apparently they did each time he came home. I made one too and we traded. We did something everyday he was here, me included. I facetimed my kids and they said hello, and actually they really got along with Eli, which was great. Robyn looked beyond happy and was a lot more affectionate than usual, which I was complaining about at all.

 When it was finally time to drop him off, he asked me to be the one to walk him into the airport. I agreed and before he got on his flight, he decided to say what was bothering him this entire time. "I always thought that all guys were bad because of how I saw my mom be treated... but you proved me wrong. I've never seen my mom so happy. I'm not gonna complain about you guys being together anymore, but I will hurt you if you ever break her heart." We agreed and shook hands.

 "As he was boarding the plane, I got a text from him.

Eli: The real reason I can't complain is because this is the closest I've ever felt to being a man's son.

 I just smiled and walked out the airport. When I got in, Robyn was smiling, but confused on why I was so happy.

First Pov: 

 "What's got you smiling like that...?" He shook his head, but looked back towards the airport. "He's a good kid." I nodded and left it at that. If they could get along, I wasn't gonna complain. Not in the slightest. "Would you ever consider having kids at this age," he asked still looking out the window. I just kept smiling and kept gradually turning up the music. "That's a conversation for another time... but yes." He turned and looked at me, but  I was already blasting the music and bopping my head to the beat. Most serious 3 month relationship I've ever been in.