Battle: Melanie - Rose

When you think of the word Bloodkin, what comes to your mind would be a Vampire. While that's somewhat true, it's not exactly the case. All Vampires are Bloodkin, but not all Bloodkin are Vampires, because most of them are weaker and more inferior versions of a Vampire. Bloodkin are divided into three, quite literally. At first, Bloodkin were all True Vampires, until a historical event occured and caused them to be split into three parts, and each part separated from each other and placed in different worlds. That's another topic, though.

Bloodkin can refer to any of these: Bloodhounds, Bloodweavers, Bloodseekers, Half Blood, and True Vampires. Bloodhounds are Bloodkin that have dramatically enhanced, practically monstrous physical and mental capabilities. They think fast, move faster, hit hardest. All without any physical or mental enhancement Gifts or Magic. Just pure, raw capabilities.

Bloodweavers are like the mage counterpart to Bloodhounds. If a Bloodhound is a beast that can tear you apart limb from limb painfully, a Bloodweaver is a toymaker that can pull out your limbs without you even realizing it. They have special control over all things blood, and their blood manipulation outprioritizes blood-related Gifts, even at the highest mastery.

Finally, Bloodseekers. The more sneaky variant of the Bloodkin. Take your eyes off them for even a second, even a blink, and they'll disappear into the darkness, or fly off as a bat. When it comes to generic Vampire powers, they are usually the ones that have it. Though, that's all they're good for, sneaking around and hiding. Oh, but they can hide their fangs and change their appearance, if that's worth mentioning.

Half Blood are just two of these Bloodkin fused into one. There are a few ways to become a Half Blood, though most notably and most recognizably, the common way is to travel to another world and fuse with one of your split selves. As mentioned before, True Vampires were split into three, those were the three Bloodkin mentioned prior to Half Blood. Any one of these three variants of the individial can travel to the other variants' worlds and fuse with them to become a Half Blood, with ⅔ the power of a True Vampire. Calling them Two-third Blood is obviously weird, so they're called Half Blood instead.

Following that, True Vampires are the complete, unadulterated, purest form of a Bloodkin. When all three variants of a Bloodkin fuse into one, or if a Half Blood fuses with the last remaining third of the self, they become a True Vampire, granting them the abilities of a Bloodhound, Bloodweaver, and Bloodseeker, all while getting rid of each of their weaknesses. Mostly. There was no mention of each of the Bloodkin type's weaknesses because that would take too long, and this has already went on long enough, so it's about time to cut to the incoming battle.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

《Here I come.》

Rose leapt towards Melanie with such speed that you would think she teleported right in front of her, and swung her sword down. Melanie casually turned right and stepped back slightly, completely dodging Rose's swing of a sword. Though, she wasn't done yet, as she used her failed swing to instead plunged her sword down into the ground to use as an anchor. She kicked off the ground, using her sword anchor to gain momentum and kick Melanie, who promptly stepped back again. Rose kept turning as her kick didn't connect, and landed on the ground opposite of where she first kicked off. She then grabbed her sword and leapt to Melanie again, this time performing a sweep with her sword, to which Melanie responded by jumping up and gently landing on the sword, completely weightless.

Melanie was shaken off the sword, jumping back and creating some distance away from Rose. The latter still kept a cool look, while the former looked slightly curious as to why Rose isn't using her full arsenal.

《Say, why don't you use your Bloodweaving? Or dip into the shadows?》

《Will it work?》

《...Well, no.》