Battle: Victor

《I've set up a Reverse Ward, so go crazy, you two... er, four!》

Miss Eli excitedly cheered as the four, Athena, Freyja, Lotte, and Lotte 2 took their battle stances. The question now is, who'll take the first step? And after that, who'll win? Me personally, I'm betting on Lotte. Her arsenal is much more complicated than Athena and Freyja's, the only real things those two have against her are their battle instincts, raw strength, and Divine Authority. Sounds like a lot, but Divine Authority is actually a fairly weak Authority, atleast, much weaker than Fixer Authority, which Lotte can switch to at any time. Don't get me wrong, Divine Authority is definitely a boon for them... if only Lotte wasn't their opponent. Honestly, a matchup of me against Lotte and Freythena against Rose would probably be more fair. We're just a different league from them, after all, me especially.

Lotte's entire figure started to blur as electricity started to crackle violently around her, while Lotte 2 started spreading strings around the field. They were ready to defend, giving Freythena (Yes, I will call them that from now on.) the chance to attack first. And that they did.

Athena leaped forward to Lotte, making the hundred meter distance between them feel like a foot as she moved in an instant. Following her, Freyja leaped at Lotte 2 from above, aiming to stab right down unto her. To counter this, Lotte 2 moved her fingers ever so slightly, catching Freyja mid-air in her strings. Athena immediately cut the strings using the sheer wind force generated from the motion of her greatsword, freeing Freyja, but in turn getting caught in some strings which Freyja cut immediately. Meanwhile, Lotte 1 disappeared, leaving only a little string of electricity.

She reappeared behind the two goddesses, still blurry. Her figure subtly changed, and two transparent boxes appeared around Freythena. The two immediately left the area of the boxes, watching as the space they've just been at, distort violently. Lotte 2 quickly caught the two goddesses in her string, but the two were able to break through fairly easily, albeit not instantly. Even a half second could change the tides of battle, and right now, the goddesses are at an extreme disadvantage. Hell, I'm pretty sure the Lottes are just toying with them, leaving them with a chance of escape and then catching them again... How do I say it, it's just like Lotte.

That said, the two goddesses of war are neither annoyed nor exhausted. They can fight for centuries on end, after all. No matter how much Lotte plays with them, they won't yield or react. I'm sure she's also noticed that by now, since her attacks are leaving less room for escape. And yet, Freythena always manage to escape. Other than the occasional getting caught in Lotte 2's strings, the two have yet to actually sustain injury, even as Lotte uses a multitude of different Gifts from the Witches she's met before.

Lotte is a fighter who specializes in attacking when her opponent shows a reaction. She's always been like that, so she's not exactly good at just attacking face front. She'll defend and defend, distract and feint, until she sees an opening. But against Freythena, she'll never see an opening in her lifetime. She's not good at breaking defenses. The one who knows how to do that is her sister, Liz. And while she can mimic and morph herself into Liz as much as she wants, she can never be as straightforward as she is.

And so, while Lotte is tiring herself out trying to find an opening, the two goddesses of war are moving faster and faster, going from defending and dodging to attacking relentlessly. Athena hacks away at the forefront, while Freyja leaps in for a powerful stab, then exits, and repeats. Lotte herself seemed to be barely dodging the oncoming attacks, and her movements are slowing down. Lotte 2's strings can no longer restrain the goddesses, as their movements break them immediately. Ignoring Lotte 2, Athena hacks at Lotte, while Freyja leaps in to stab at her from her blindspot. Is this the end of the battle?

In a sense, yes, but not how you'd expect. The goddesses of war are peerless in raw strength, complete monsters, that's what they are, and I don't mean to undermine that. But in the end, Lotte cannot possibly lose against these two, even if she was alone. No matter how fast the two were, no matter how great their battle instincts were, no matter how powerful they were, in the end, they can't fly. They can kick the air at the speed of sound and propel themselves in that direction, but no matter how fast they could do that, it was already too late.