3 - And [She] Flew too Close to the Sky

Cycle = 12 hours

Breem = about 10 minutes

Orbital cycle = about a month

No major injuries or violence is described in detail in this chapter. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     What a stupid, miss-calculated, absurd, horrifyingly botched mission! Lazerbeak is on a spy mission, right? Guess what Soundwave onlines from his recharge from?! The information that Megatron decided to send some Veihcons out as well to another separate mission, and those very Veihcons had shot down Lazerbeak because they thought she was one of the human's drones!

     "-the Veihcons were not aware Lazerbeak was out at the same time as them. She is currently in medbay." Megatron finished his long-winded explanation of what happened, that Soundwave had tuned out of almost a breem ago. Shouldn't he have informed them? He wasn't told these Decepticons were being sent out! Invent and outvent, Soundwave. They needed to calm down. Nothing is going to be solved running around in a panic...

     But then again this is Lazerbeak he's talking about. Promptly sending an unseen glare and a multitude of silent curses in various Cybertornian dialects at Megatron, they spun on their heel and rushed off to the medbay. Uncharacisticly ignoring all his work for the day in favor of his minibot.

- - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - 

     Soundwave did not need to announce that he was coming to medbay. Knockout knew that if Lazerbeak was there her creator wouldn't be too far behind. But it never ceased to amaze Knockout how a normally quiet and very reserved mech like Soundwave could become so noticeably upset with his concern for Lazerbeak.

     On that note, Soundwave walks into the medbay. Knockout waits for Soundwave to make their way over to Lazerbeak before addressing them.

     Knockout nods to Soundwave. Greeting them with, "A pleasure, Soundwave." And his expected smile.

     They greet him with a nod. Their most important question scrolling across their visor; Is she okay?

      Knockout answers with another nod. "As stable as stable can be." He gestures towards the minibot on the medical berth. "She should wake within one to four cycles."

     Soundwave appeared to deflate at that information, and the tense energy left their frame. A single word appears on their visor next; Thanks. Then an emoticon pooped up; (^-^)

      "It's my job," Knockout shrugs. Turning away from the two-bot family. He began to walk out of the medbay, pausing to say, "Comm me if you need anything, and when she wakes up." KO doesn't need to look back to know Soundwave heard him.

- - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - • - - - - - - - - - 

     About an orbital cycle after the initial injury, Lazerbeak is beginning her reduced duty shifts. Thank Primus she's healing fine, but Soundwave, being her creator and all, still insisted on checking her systems every few cycles. A nervous habit he developed long before Lazerbeak was created, back when Megatron was known as Megatronus and still an up-and-coming gladiator. Lazerbeak never got annoyed with her creator's anxiety about her well-being. Her being mostly raised shortly before and during the war is enough of a reason.

     And that's where she found herself now, held close to Soundwave's chassis, sitting on Soundwave's berth, in their hab suite, while he checked her systems in case something had changed from the last cycle he did this. And she's content with this.

     Then, came Soundwave's voice, "Lazerbeak: status: functional." Mostly static and nothing but a whisper from disuse because of his vow of silence. But she could make out Soundwave's words just fine. He only ever broke the vow when speaking to her, and no one knew and would never know.

     She chirps at her creator, and he sets her down on the berth. He in turn flashes a simple smiley emoji on his visor. She nods and flies out of the hab suite.

Once she was gone, Soundwave sits there for longer than he should have... Silently worrying about her. Soon enough, Megatron comms them about needing them to look at a new possible energon mine. No breaks can be afforded during a war, right? They stand up to get back to work and subconsciously tally everything Megatron has done with complete disregard for Lazerbeak.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───