4 - She! Not It!

Cycle = 12 hours

Breem = about 10 minutes

Orbital Cycle = about a month

Vorns = 83 years (more used in a" for a very long time"  way)

Nano-cycle = about a second

Dehumanization (Relating to Lazerbeak and her 'drone' status) and (attempted) endangerment of Lazerbeak. Plus a discussion of drug use (aka Purple Energon).

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     Soundwave had been called to speak with Megatron, one-on-one. It doesn't sound too bad but with Megatron's current infinity for dark energon... He's entirely unpredictable, adding that on top of the fact that they don't have any idea what this meeting is about... Let's say Soundwave is very much less than comfortable.

     Soundwave is a spy, a soldier, a creator, a communications specialist, and a Decepticon. He is loyal to a fault, he shouldn't be scared to face his leader. The leader that they have considered a friend for vorns. They shouldn't be afraid of Megatron. Even if this friend-- this leader has become what would be called a 'drug addict'... That is if dark energon is considered a drug by local Earth standards.

     But they should stay on task. Arrive, attend, and finish this unexpected meeting. Soundwave looks at the door lock, suspicion inching further to the front of their processor by the nano-cycle. A silent sigh escaped them as they unlocked the door, and made their way into the empty meeting room.

     "Ah, Soundwave! It's great to see you well." Megatron ...cheerfully..? greets Soundwave.

     They simply nod back, coupled with a questioning servo-gesture. They elect to ignore the questionable undertones of Megatron's voice... they've never been able to tell the difference well anyway.

     And the loud leader continues with a firm voice, "You must be wondering why you're here. I've called upon you, Soundwave, to advise me on a critical choice. I've already gotten opinions from all the other high officers. I've been waiting for yours."

    Soundwave nods again. A question mark appears on his visor, coupled with a slight head tilt.

     Megatorn's smile crosses his face... No, the Decepticon top commander's smile... They've been told it looks unsettling and sinister, and they can only assume that's what this smile means. "Now, I must ask, how are the energon storages?"

     They present the stats on their visor. The stored energon is placed at an all-time low, and consumption at an all-time high... an unsustainable input and output rate.

     And the leader continues speaking at them. His sight drifts away to something else and not the bot he is speaking to. "Ah.. the same as the last time I checked then... Well, I'll assume you know what I'm going to talk about then; cutting rations. I wanted your opinion on which group of bots can take a minor ration cut." 

     Soundwave stands straighter, officially agitated... just great. More ration cutting. Judging from their past conversations about this, everybot below high command is likely to have the rations cut. They vocalize this with chopped-up recordings, "--High Command--rations--cut--" They raise a servo to make it clear they aren't done yet. They pause shortly as they search their memory files for more recordings, "Ration cuts for--everybot else--not recommended--"

     Megatron's dead stare was... unexpected. He looks upset..? Angry? Bothered? Something that should scare them, or at least would scare Starscream... or anybot else with a sense of self-preservation greater than anybot working under Optimus Prime. Megatron lets a heavy sigh out, appearing to collect his thoughts. Then, he speaks again, "Soundwave. I would like a detailed explanation as to why you think this is the correct course of action."

     Megatron sounds stern, but the sternness doesn't put off Soundwave... he's just asking for reasons. Only an explanation. Instead of vocalizing via recordings, or scrolling text across his visor, Soundwave forwards a private message to Megatron explaining his reasoning;

Everybot lower than High Command has had their rations cut at least twice. Anymore will put some of those bots on dangerously low amounts of energon. For the rest of them, it will decrease the energy they have available, thus further reducing the productivity rate of the Decepticons.

High Command has not had their rations sustainably cut yet. Therefore, we, as High Command have the responsibility to take the cut. If not for the health of those below then for the betterment of the Decepticons as a group.

     Megatron makes a face when he receives and reads the comm. Soundwave, no matter how hard they try, can't tell whether it's positive or negative. 

     There was an uncomfortably long pause before Megatron spoke again, "Now, tell me Soundwave, are any of these opinions of yours influenced by the life of your little drone? Or does it keep its opinions to itself?"

     It? What is he talking about? Drone..? Lazerbeak. He's talking about Lazerbeak. Soundwave shook their head at their leader. And before they could evaluate the risk properly they spoke out with their neglected voice box, "Megatron: desist. Lazerbeak: a bot: She not 'it'." Their voice was full of loud static and nothing but a murmur. Their words sliced through the room, leaving a heavy tension in the air.

     Megatron stared dumbly at Soundwave for a second... slowly processing Soundwave's actions and words. Then, his faceplates morphed into an unreadable expression. Sternly he said, "You are dismissed," and turned away from Soundwave.

     Soundwave, rarely one to disobey, turned and left the room. As they walked back to their workstation secretly hoped that they wouldn't see the rations cut from everyone under high command, and wouldn't have to start sneaking extra rations just to make sure Lazerbeak would be fully energized... They'll figure it out. Just like they used to back on Cybertron, they just need to trust themself...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───